hill hold now standard on 1.8 DSG

Possibly, because the petrol engine is easier to stall.

If you are pulling away in the diesel, and you don't give it enough beans, it might struggle a bit, but won't usually stall. In the petrol, the inherent lack of torque makes a stall more likely. With hill hold, it gives you more chance of getting sufficient revs up.

Just a thought.

Bagpuss.

.........so that's both me and Jonathan getting £97.88 knocked off our cost then....... we have both added this as an option which is now deemed 'standard' for this model.

Yes, Jonathan, you can get up off the floor now, you are not alone, last month I have also ordered a 1.8 DSG Elegance - (Steel Grey, Solar Sunroof, Auto Dim, Hill Hold, Wood Decor, Sunset Glass, Heated Washers and Park Assist).

.........so that's both me and Jonathan getting £97.88 knocked off our cost then....... we have both added this as an option which is now deemed 'standard' for this model.

Yes, Jonathan, you can get up off the floor now, you are not alone, last month I have also ordered a 1.8 DSG Elegance - (Steel Grey, Solar Sunroof, Auto Dim, Hill Hold, Wood Decor, Sunset Glass, Heated Washers and Park Assist).

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

just our of interest - why did you order the sunroof, i would have thought that with modern climate control there is no need for the sunroof ?

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

just our of interest - why did you order the sunroof, i would have thought that with modern climate control there is no need for the sunroof ?

My last 8 or so cars have always had a sunroof - force of habit perhaps......so decided to keep with tradition !!

I had also researched in depth about the Solar sunroof option and the claimed benefits, noted users commennts on the web who have this on other VAG group, and others, cars, and wanted to try this option for myself. If you don't try it, you don't know what your missing....., or not, as the case may be.