New VRs TDi has arrived...

Picked it up this afternoon, here are a few snaps from when it was in the workshop having the rear blind swapped over from may last Vrs. Hope to get some better pictures up soon when it is light outside.

The different power bands of the diesel engine are going to take some getting used to but initially I'm impressed.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice, especially in white. Youll enjoy the CR engine as its so smooth for a diesel. Picked mine up last week so still getting used to it but Ive got a permanent smile on my face when driving it through the twistys near me :D

very nice, especially in white. Youll enjoy the CR engine as its so smooth for a diesel. Picked mine up last week so still getting used to it but Ive got a permanent smile on my face when driving it through the twistys near me :D

I'd say first impressions that it's not quite as quick as my TFSi that I handed over but that was run in (26k) and like I say I am still getting used to the diesel engine.

ive just clocked over 800 miles in my brand new CR TDi and its great.

Really smooth like people say

Getting about 47mpg too average mostly motorways.

Its got the DSG box, so I feel this is very respectable

Its blue so no point taking pics :rolleyes::P

I'd say first impressions that it's not quite as quick as my TFSi that I handed over but that was run in (26k) and like I say I am still getting used to the diesel engine.

Know the feeling :o

Let us know if the pipercross makes any differnce in terms of throttle response etc...

That white is lovely, wish I'd thought of that when I got mine!

I suspect you'll have quite a few people on the motorways slowing as you pass too!

The idea is they shift out of my way when I approach at speed :rofl:

Whip out the deflector plate thingy too?

Looks well in White, the only colour i'd have one if i got another now... :cool::thumbup:

What's the deflector plate thingy? What's it supposed to be there for?

Even my blue lights, flashing headlights and sirens don't get people out the way half the time at work!! :mad:

That always makes me laugh on the motorway when some people are so oblivious to a police car with flashing lights an inch off their bumper :rofl:

What's the deflector plate thingy? What's it supposed to be there for?

On my PD, its a slot in plate that sort of directs the air - lots of slots etc, and literally just rests in position - its under the filter, on the floor of the bos above the air inlet

Dunno what its there for, i removed it as its a little less restriction then - not like its hard to put back in for the services etc either