Briskoda Clubstand @ Castle Combe Spring Action day - 25/04/09

devonutopia

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not had the booking form yet so I cannot confirm either the 12 free passes or the price of tracktime - which I suspect is £25. Shall let everyone know once I know. :thumbup:

Oh, and Steve! :P :P

1) Jason - Stand + Track

2) Tigger - Stand + Track

3) Kev @ Jabbasport - Stand + Track

4) Jonny5ive - Stand + Track

5) Oilburninut - Stand + Track

6) Des - Stand + Track

7) Jaymd - Stand + Track

8) Octygone - Stand only

9) Gmaster - Stand only

10) Wardy - Stand only, but will cave in to tracktime without much resistance

Hi Jase

Am a regular at Combe meets/events and have been looking for a way to experience the track first hand and what better way then with a load of the Czech's finest!

i'll stick the furby on the stand if there's still space (somewhere at the back as the remap and RARB ain't exactly gunna make it stand out from the crowd visually)

i'll decline the track time at present however as the day grows nearer i'll probably get the urge and cave in.

Cliff

Can anyone interested please add their name in chronological order please. :) Only one free pass left now.

1) Jason - Stand + Track

6) Des - Stand + Track

7) Jaymd - Stand + Track

8) Octygone - Stand only

9) Gmaster - Stand only

10) Wardy - Stand only

11) pastyboy - stand only

Count me in! Was gutted to miss out on the free Corrado Club track action at Castle Combe a couple of years ago (wife was overdue at the time, so had to leave before the track session).

1) Jason - Stand + Track

6) Des - Stand + Track

7) Jaymd - Stand + Track

8) Octygone - Stand only

9) Gmaster - Stand only

10) Wardy - Stand only

12) AndyVR6 - Stand + Track

i'll be there :orb_wave:

what time are people thinking of gettin there? any mini convoys or such?

1) Jason - Stand + Track

6) Des - Stand + Track

7) Jaymd - Stand + Track

8) Octygone - Stand only

9) Gmaster - Stand only

10) Wardy - Stand only

13) Lloyd55vrs - stand only

i'll be there :orb_wave:

what time are people thinking of gettin there? any mini convoys or such?

1) Jason - Stand + Track

6) Des - Stand + Track

7) Jaymd - Stand + Track

8) Octygone - Stand only

9) Gmaster - Stand only

10) Wardy - Stand only

13) Lloyd55vrs - stand only

The idea will be for a mini gathering of the first 12 people at the service station not far off the M4 - Junction 18 I think, the Chippenham one, as I will have the free dtand passes. All those who are 13+ on the list will need to pay on entry, so you can just show up when you like but it would be nice for everyone to go from the same place.

Finer details to be arranged nearer the time.

The idea will be for a mini gathering of the first 12 people at the service station not far off the M4 - Junction 18 I think, the Chippenham one, as I will have the free dtand passes. All those who are 13+ on the list will need to pay on entry, so you can just show up when you like but it would be nice for everyone to go from the same place.

Finer details to be arranged nearer the time.

Good Plan :thumbup:

Jase not sure how the passes/entry tickets are gunna be allocated but SWMBO was good enough to get me an annual pass to Castle Combe so I should get free entry to the event but i guess that i'll still need a stand ticket etc....

Once Combe let you know then let me know

Basically, the first 12 people on the list have been granted free entry which includes the clubstand. :) If you've got a pass then you can add your name and merely get in free with your pass. :thumbup: others will have to pay the £8 or so to get in. There's still discounted track time to clarify, which I am 99% sure will be £25 a session, rather than £35 on the day.

On this basis, I am moving Pastyboy to the end as he's got a free entry pass already. :cool:

1) Jason - Stand + Track

6) Des - Stand + Track

7) Jaymd - Stand + Track

8) Octygone - Stand only

9) Gmaster - Stand only

10) Wardy - Stand only

11) AndyVR6 - Stand + Track

12) Lloyd55vrs - stand only

13) pastyboy - stand only

in the words of Mr Burns Eeeeexcellent

I'll just turn up get in for free and park with a selcetion of the Czech Republics finest!

(and maybe grow a pair and get out on track!)

coming back to cornwall for xmas has been a revalation!! its a small town and there isn;t juch in the way of entertainment but it would seem there is absolutely nothing to do but buy a saxo, cover it in glue and drive it into a halfrauds!

If i see another one with lexus lights and dodgy rear spolier i may explode!!

when will they learn!!! but heading way off topic now so see you all at the excellently illustrated services above

Edited by PastyBoy

1) Jason - Stand + Track

6) Des - Stand + Track

7) Jaymd - Stand + Track

8) Octygone - Stand only

9) Gmaster - Stand only

10) Wardy - Stand only

11) AndyVR6 - Stand + Track

12) Lloyd55vrs - stand only

13) pastyboy - stand only

14) Pinty - stand only

• 2 weeks later...

I expect your be able to get more stand passes if you asked nicely. A few clubs I have often gone with have all had way over 20 cars.

On that google map pic just to the left approx 10 secs down that road there is a large morrisons, with a big car park. A lot of car clubs tend to meet there, that maybe good for you guys to? Sometimes the place you marked can get busy with other car groups meeting there first thing.

Depending on where you club stand is to, I find its good to be there before 9 really. A group of people I go with every year leave morrisons for 8ish.

Also if your on track AM I would advise going for a sound check ASAP. As after 10ish there could be Q's for the track and sound testing all merging, sometimes it can be quite busy / a bit of a wait.

Track sessions are in 15 mins sessions. I thinking the driver briefings are every half hour? Helmet hire requires a £10 or £20 deposit to.

Its always a good show the first action day of the year. If I go I will look ou for the club :)

Oh forgot to add - If you ask Maria for earlybird booking - Track time for approx 6 of you will be reduced. I think its about £15. You probably won't all get that though so won't be all on the same session. For the hardcore ones there though who will want a few sessions its worth it! :thumbup:

Hi - We can have as many stand passes as we like, but only 12 will be free.

Maria is who has been emailing me, but I have not received a stand booking form or anything? I might send a gentle reminder. :);)