Look what arrived in the mail....

Dunkx

It was 357 inc vat, this is for the generic map. I rang them and gave them my ECU number, and they checked they had a suitable map (they said sometimes they may have to send out a blank unit, you download stuff onto it, and send it back, so they can configure the map properly), however, mine was a common one apparently so they just posted it to me. Ordered 2pm yesterday, arrived 11am today, good service!

Now just need to wait for the rain to stop so I can ring them as they have requested and go out and try setting it up. Yep, I'll post a review once it's up and running. Should be about 160-165bhp and 270-280lb/ft according to the chappie at AmD. Pretty conservative, but I'm happy with that for now, at least it shouldn't cause anything to break!

Duncan

PS. You been out in Colin's Furby or something then? Good?

I was tempted to save up for Revo, but for revo and a SPS switch, you are looking at around 750 inc vat. Which is a lot. I think for now I'll be ok with less power, and spend the extra 400 quid I've saved on suspension. Then if (when?!!) I need more power in the future, I can take it to AmD to get custom mapped and have that loaded onto the one click.

Remap to 200bhp?!! :eek: Poor clutch!!

Ordered mine today! looks like you got the last one in stock dunk - i have to wait till next week! plus i have to have the code written for mine - oh well at least i shall have it for Trax.

Clutch seems fine with 200bhp, but the chassis is starting to struggle - I noticed torque steer in 4th/5th gear on a bumpy b-road (was with 17" wheels, mind!), but the over-taking potential is amazing! Blasted past 4 cars on a straight I wouldn't normally attempt to overtake one, and there was room to spare... Absolutely mental machine!

I noticed torque steer in 4th/5th gear on a bumpy b-road

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That's why I've gone for the cheaper remap option - get some new suspension and brakes as well, then see if I can afford to get the power upped on the map!

I've uploaded the new map but I'll have to wait till later to go give it a thrash, tis raining still and I've got some more work to do before the end of the day. This working from home lark is all well and good, but at least when you're in the office you feel guilty getting caught briskoding!

Dunkx, sounds like you got a good deal their mate. You can always upgrade to software at a later date if you feel the need, though I dought it very much. As many have said before its about how it drives that counts.

Just had chance to go out for a quick blast, what can I say? The Furby, she flies! Obviously I can't compare it to other remaps as I haven't driven any others, but there's a definite extra slug of go faster juice been slung in there, most noticable in 3rd and 4th, the power seems to peak later in the rev range and seems a bit more free revving. Certainly enough power now to make me think I really need some chassis mods. Very happy :) Also, can't praise the guys I dealt with at AmD enough, very helpful and professional, especially a chap called Edd. All in all, very pleased.

Had a further blast down some nice country lanes this afternoon. I can confirm the the map does make a fair difference, far more free revving and there is usable power right up to 4500rpm. It never used to pull hard all the way to 80 in 3rd before, I used to change up at about 70. Had been down the same lanes earlier with my mate in his Clio 182, which was decidedly rapid. The furby couldn't quite match the clio in terms of cornering and braking ability although it may have kept up on the straights. The toyos seems to offer really good grip, had my first experience of oversteer :eek: in the furby, didn't think that would happen.

Given most people seem to be getting 145ish BHP as standard and about 250ish LB FT, would you say it seems to be around 15-20 better, or does it seem better than that? I think if I was paying that kind of money I'd want it to be a lot faster.

It's difficult to say, I had a few blasts at the weekend and thought it felt a fair bit faster, but this week I have started thinking perhaps it's not that much quicker. Then again, as with your post in the other area Paul, it's amazing how quickly you get used to extra power. I spose I'll have to get it rolling roaded and see. I can't make the JBS one next weekend unfortunately.