arm rest

looking at an armrest for my vrs, item no 110320705978 on ebay is the armster one but when i used the search function on the forum it looked a bit of a compromise. Especially as it affects access to the handbrake, lighter socket and also the way it attaches could be done better. Is there a VAG one that will fit in black leather finish. if so does anyone know the part numbers

if there is a VAG one do i need an adapter plate?

any help, again would be gratefuly recieved

thanks

Dave

I have a VW Passat one on my Octy VRS. I think the p/n is the same. Mine is dark grey and black so does not look to bad. The only issue is as you said it does obstruct the handbrake and is a bit cumbersome. I will probably take mine off in the new year.

I've had 2 Golf one's in my vRS first one was a black leather topped one but keept burning my arm in the summer. Someone then offered me a swop with some cash also :thumbup:for a black cloth one then just swapped over the trim bits on the side.:cool:

any ideas on part numbers for them? and do they look any better than the armser ones? because the armster ones seem to attach via 4 self tapping screws straight into the plasic trim. I dont think this will be very strong and if i didnt like it i would be left with 4 holes.

i have a golf one on mine from an r32, i brought mine off ebay from a guy who sells them on there regualy with vw parts all boxed, and the braket is even cut so its all ready to fit! i will have a look for ya, try also looking up vw r32 arm rest or passat

I took mine off today, Would be up for selling it if you are interested. It has all the brackets,bolts etc to fit in the standard consule. With the arm in the up position it is out of the way, but as I have kids that think it is fun to kick it I could not get on with it.

I'd say to save your money. The standard (Elegance) armrest blocks the cigarette lighter, HB, cupholder and potentially gear lever, without actually giving you somewhere to rest your arm whilst still holding the steering wheel!

You need a Classic/Ambiante rear centre console in the correct colour for your Elegance. At least the armrest can be folded up vertically (but even then it stops you passing things between the seats easily).

The Elegance armrest is annoying so I don't use it (and it makes me feel like an old man..). Can it be removed easily?

I love mine :-) I believe they can be pretty easily removed, and I am sure you will find a great market of potential buyers on here!