Hmmmmm, my car is finally here.....

.....and got a few niggles.

He delivered it with a glowing petrol light, three hours later than he said he would. Unfortunately missed Asda by about 5 mins so will have to fill up on Boxing Day. :(

Secondly, he said the MOT expired in May 2009 but it actually expires at end of February 2009 :eek: Knocked £50 off what I was paying him - his suggestion, but now a bit concerned. The MOT came with 2 advisory items:

(i) Offisde front macpherson strut has slight movement at the upper attachment

(ii) (FRONT TO MIDDLE JOINT) exhaust system has a minor leak of exhaust gases.

Can anyone tell me is it gonna be a big problem if he didn't get those fixed? I have a pile of service documents, and it looks like it was serviced regularly up until approx 15,000 miles ago :thumbup: but I can't see anything that specifically relates to those two advisory items. Are these expensive to get repaired? Bearing in mind I need to get my Rover through it's MOT and sell it on, so I am hoping not to have a mega bill from the Skoda so soon.

We took it for a little spin - a tad disconcerting in the dark, with the girls chattering ten to the dozen - but it still felt good. I'm going to have to adjust my driving position quite a bit (seats are much higher, as is the clutch) but I still enjoyed driving it. Was just really conscious of the fuel light so couldn't relax.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Shiloh
asking for help!

filled my car up today cost £32 to brim her and had done few miles with the light on.. going to do a few miles over christmas, if the clutch is high it will probabley be getting ready for a clutch soon check the adjusment, i put a new one in mine about 10000 miles ago, at 72000, sure you will enjoy her :)

Morning and Merry Christmas!!!! :present:

Yes, the first thing I did this morning was look outside and make sure she was still there - how sad!! :o Girls are deciding on a name for her (at the moment 'Glamour' is winning :eek: )

Will fill her up tomorrow with the £50 discount. And going to book her in with a friendly mechanic as soon into the New Year as I can as I am meant to be driving up to Birmingham on 9th and want to be comfy!! :thumbup:

Seat covers haven't arrived yet, although they have been posted, so you can't see the finished look yet, but this is a photo of her nicked from the auction listing:

side.JPG

What size wheel trims do 1.3s take? Just curious - honest :rofl:

Seat covers are a present from eBay:

garfield.jpg

and I thought the red would look pretty when looking into the car!! :rolleyes: Will save up for some nice wheel trims - I like chrome looking spikes rather than full covered hubs, so will look around :D Am very very chuffed! :thumbup:

I know, I'm such a kid!! :o I've only bought some more cos my Tazmanian devil ones won't survive another transfer from car-to-car :P Unfortunately for me, my Tazmanian steering wheel cover is too big for 'Glamour' :(

Just wait til I get them installed - I shall take loads of piccies!! :rofl: And this evening I "penguinified" her - got three more stuffed penguins for Christmas, so I have one large one peeking out on parcel shelf, one mini one in the dashboard, one tucked under where the stereo goes, and one helping the tax disc holder stay on :thumbup: