Help needed...

I currently drive an 06 1.9TDI Octavia Laurin & Klement which is due to be changed next year (2009) and up until about an hour ago, I'd decided to go for another L&K in the new facelift shaped octy.

Good, Easy, Sorted, went for a beer.

Then, whilst I was away, my mrs saw the VRS model and asked me to look at the spec on that, ok, I wasn't too impressed with the spec, no parking sensors, no maxidot, no xenon headlights, no auto dim mirror, no rain sensor wipers, no heated leather seats.

Having looked at the extras list for the VRS, I see that most of the above can be added and still come in under the basic L&K price, plus I get the new CR 2.0 170bhp diesel engine instead of the old 140bhp PD engine!!!!!

so now... Decisions, Decisions

What would you do?

Cheers

Paul

I currently drive an 06 1.9TDI Octavia Laurin & Klement which is due to be changed next year (2009) and up until about an hour ago, I'd decided to go for another L&K in the new facelift shaped octy.

Good, Easy, Sorted, went for a beer.

Then, whilst I was away, my mrs saw the VRS model and asked me to look at the spec on that, ok, I wasn't too impressed with the spec, no parking sensors, no maxidot, no xenon headlights, no auto dim mirror, no rain sensor wipers, no heated leather seats.

Having looked at the extras list for the VRS, I see that most of the above can be added and still come in under the basic L&K price, plus I get the new CR 2.0 170bhp diesel engine instead of the old 140bhp PD engine!!!!!

so now... Decisions, Decisions

What would you do?

Cheers

Paul

If I was you I would let your Mrs pick your car in future.

lol, it would appear that way!!

I only have SWMBO to please, oh and the final decision rests of course with our Transport Manager :thumbdwn:

Lets hope he's had a good start to the new year, coz tomorrow he's getting my car order on his desk, lol :D

Happy New Year everybody :thumbup:

Update,

Just spoke to Skoda dealer in Sheffield. Any orders for the a VRS will be a case of picking from whatever spec is avaliable from built stock, rather than being able to order exactly what spec you want - so VRStu, you were spot on buddy.

Just waiting now to see if they can track down a VRS with the spec I'm after. Hopefully I'll know more later... I hate waiting!!! lol

Update,

Just spoke to Skoda dealer in Sheffield. Any orders for the a VRS will be a case of picking from whatever spec is avaliable from built stock, rather than being able to order exactly what spec you want - so VRStu, you were spot on buddy.

Just waiting now to see if they can track down a VRS with the spec I'm after. Hopefully I'll know more later... I hate waiting!!! lol

If they cant let you have the spec you want then go to another garage who if they want your money will find the spec you want. I went through 3 dealers before i got to one who would give me what i wanted as most of them have cars already out back that they want to shift and will try and make it so difficult for you to order in order to move the ones at the back of the garage.

I would try another dealer and or Skoda UK Paul as it does seem that by issuing the brochure that they are intending to produce the RS and Scout in the older bodyshell but with the newer interior.

if they dont have one built to your spec, couldnt you cut a deal with the dealer to have extra options fitted as aftermarket upgrades, you never know they might drop most of the fiting charges. I reckon you could push them in that direction with the market being as it is at the moment, they all want to sell

I would try another dealer and or Skoda UK Paul as it does seem that by issuing the brochure that they are intending to produce the RS and Scout in the older bodyshell but with the newer interior.

are brouchures being sent to everyone who has bought a octy in the past few years then?

.... additionally, photos have been seen on here of a 2009 vRS with upgraded interior.

The brochure gives every suggestion that, if you want/need options like xenons a vRS is available 'to order' in 2009 spec just that you don't get the exterior mods of the facelift.

It is highly possible that the dealer is trying to shift some standing stock and feeding me a porky. I've asked another dealer and emailed SUK, so I'll see what they come back with.

I'm basically after a VRS with Rear Parking Sensors, Metallic Paint, Xenons & H/Lamp washers, Maxi Dot, and Auto Dim R/View Mirror & Light Assist.

Not too much to ask is it? lol :D

TBH, I'm half expecting our Transport guy to come back with 'computer says no' :thumbdwn: