Track wheels & Tyres

geordie_21

Well, this was the local "beat bobbie" (some beat; IIRC 2500 sq miles), and despite that he reckoned that almost all the single vehicle accidents he was called to involved this one mile of bends I crashed on, so it surely couldn't just be the drivers? Accordingly he looked for another cause and realised that that stretch was overhung by trees, and more or less never got any sun to really dry it out.

I've had no issues with normal Neros. Maybe I never drove round there fast enough :( I could never get the Octy below 8'30" :(

My opinion, for what it's worth, unless you know the circuit well there is no point in go faster tyres. They are usually less forgiving than standard tyres with different break away characteristics, are usually worse in the wet and will lull you in to going faster than you should. OK for a UK track but not for the Ring.

I've had no issues with normal Neros. Maybe I never drove round there fast enough I could never get the Octy below 8'30"

8.30, that seems a little quick much respect if that was pulled off, cos the ring lap record was set by the new R26R meganne just set the new front wheel drive record of 8.17.

what mods were you running on that to pull that time off

Not much, just a remap, full exhaust, ARBs and custom KW3s from their motorsport division. Probably about 250bhp. A little knowledge of the circuit helps ;) For the record, my SDI did it in 8'51" :D

;) For the record, my SDI did it in 8'51" :D

Impressive driving sir, last year I was knocking around the 9'50, you always see plenty cars on tow trucks to make you remember to slow down - stakes are high when the same set of wheels have to get you home ;)