Remap for vRS

Hi all, Looking to get my '06 vRS remapped and just wondering whats the best option. Celtic Tuning do an e motion kit which brings the power up to 275bhp,Anyone had this done?

Ouch I bet that's expensive.

275 horses is going to need an exhuast, intake, intercooler pipework, uprated fuel pump an uprated DV and of course the software ;)

Have a look at the Octy in this bunch

JKM Rolling Road day Gallery - Golf GTI Rolling Road Day 4th October 2008

Ouch I bet that's expensive.

275 horses is going to need an exhuast, intake, intercooler pipework, uprated fuel pump an uprated DV and of course the software ;)

Have a look at the Octy in this bunch

JKM Rolling Road day Gallery - Golf GTI Rolling Road Day 4th October 2008

Impressive figures there alright. They mention nothing about hardware just a file upgrade for the ecu. I was sceptical alright because most local tuners are giving increases of 30hp with a remap. Celtic tuning are giving 75bhp!! Got a remap from them for my 1.9tdi van and TBH not too happy with it. Fookin fly wheel rattles mad under load around 2k rpm. Think i'll have to put it back standard.

Yeah this has been done to death here mate, regardless of what the tuners quote, realisticly you can expect about 225 - 235 max from a remap alone.

You'll for sure need a new DV to cope with the extra pressure as they are inherently flawed. Forge had the only viable option til now but VAG have just released a revised design of the one for the TFSi.

As Stu said this has been done to death - most tuners quote an overly optimistic 40bhp increase from a stage 1 remap. 75+ would be a pipe dream:)

All DV's for the TFSi are recirc, it'll be nothing like you've seen before in Cossie's etc. It's an electrically operated solenoid.

If you wanted hissing then Forge make a 'Spacer' which does only the noise.

All DV's for the TFSi are recirc, it'll be nothing like you've seen before in Cossie's etc. It's an electrically operated solenoid.

If you wanted hissing then Forge make a 'Spacer' which does only the noise.

Cheers Stu, My cossie is running 29psi of boost so there's plenty of noise out of that yoke. Love driving the Octavia after being in the cossie. So much more refined and comfy. Would hate to ruin the drive in it with dump valve hissing etc. i'll prob go with a local tuner here who'll bring it upto 240brake. Should be ok with that.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys. Just had my vrs tuned by celtic. To start off with i had a fey probs with throttle response/power delivery but after a quick chat with Tony @ Celtic Tuning, he sent me a new map that so far is spot on!

Im supposed to be running around 65 BHP more than stock along with around 4-5 BHP with the K&N filter. Well impressed.

Thinking of getting an S3 intercooler or maybe a twintercooler - any suggestions???

Hi guys. Just had my vrs tuned by celtic. To start off with i had a fey probs with throttle response/power delivery but after a quick chat with Tony @ Celtic Tuning, he sent me a new map that so far is spot on!

Im supposed to be running around 65 BHP more than stock along with around 4-5 BHP with the K&N filter. Well impressed.

Thinking of getting an S3 intercooler or maybe a twintercooler - any suggestions???

I can imagine alot of members are going be laughing quite hard at 65+ bhp from a remap on an otherwise standard car. Im laughing right now.

Anyway, enjoy the extra power, even though its likely to be in the 35bhp extra region. It's the extra torque that helps I found.

And the rattle in your Tdi is the torque spike at that rpm. Try and drive around it by not booting it from low down, say over and above 2500rpm is much smoother. Good luck with the turbo on that one too ;)

Read above - 65bhp is significantly more than you'd achieve from a Stage 1.

Tony @ Celtic Tuning, he sent me a new map that so far is spot on!

Im supposed to be running around 65 BHP more than stock along with around 4-5 BHP with the K&N filter.

Celtic remaps are good vfm but they wont offer you more than the big VAG companies stage 1 upgrades give (I'd consider REVO to be at the top of the game myself) - if you see more than a genuine 35bhp from a stage 1 remap I'll be gobsmacked :o

The TFSi engines, imo are more about torque gains more so than power gains and its what I'd rather have in a car anyway. A decent stage one remap will take the standard 210lb/ft torque to around 265lb/ft :thumbup:

Number chasing is pointless, as long as you are happy with the way it drives, thats the most importnant thing. :D

Lee

ps i'd go for the S3 intercooler over the Forge unit myself for reasons of vlaue for money. :)

cheers lee, appreciate your advice, think i will go for the S3 intercooler like you say the price!

Also havin a few problems with DTC codes and would really love some help.

Codes are:

P0087 http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/16471/P0087/000135

P0299 http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/16683/P0299/000665

P0300 http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/16684/P0300/000768

P0301 http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/16685/P0301/000769

P0302 http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/16686/P0302/000770

P0303 http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/16686/P0302/000770

P0304 http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/16688/P0304/000772

From what i can gather the recurc diaphram has split and needs replacing and the there is a fault with the fuel system which is causing the miss fires???

The problem only occurs when in 4th and 5th poss 6th but only after 3500 rpm!

This is suh a pain in the bum, any help would be great guys.

Cheers

Edited by bushyphil@ntlwo

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes mate, all problems are sorted cheers, turns out the missfire was due to a faulty spark plug in cylinder 3, despite the missfire she was producing 257 BHP on the dyno, now its all sorted i want to go back and see if im going to get the acclaimed 265 BHP!!

Im also looking into getting the Milltek full exhaust system and was wondering if anyone in the hampshire area have 1 i can come and listen to????