Climatronic and cup holders

DGW

Whilst researching Climatronic codes I came across the following site which contains an explanation of how the Climatronic unit works. Anyone thinking of fitting a second cup holder to the dash would be well advised to have a look at the fifth frame. Now I'm off to see if I can find the source of that information...

http://hem.passagen.se/vf1000/CLIMAtronic.htm

Useful Denis. :thumbup:

Picture shows the cup at the bottom, climatronic up to :confused:

Having had a jolly to Europe this weekend with a "friend", we discovered that the standard octy cupholders are sh

As we are in climatronic mode, is it possible (does anyone know..) if you can retrofit the newer dual zone climate in place of the original single zone such as my Superb has?

ps....dont know anything about cup-holders.

What cupholders does the Superb have? Or for that matter the new Octy?

We dont as such, just 2/3 moulded types in front of the handbrake which are perfect for holding sunglases or mobile phones.

Not sure about the new Octy tho.

Hey chaps,anyone interested in cup holders should look here

Clicky

can't seem to link straight to it tho so u will have to go

Online store > Product overview > Aladdins cave

they are the first item on the page.The item seems to replace the cubby under the head unit with cup holders and a smaller cubby.Quite cheap too.

Had a look on VAGPARTS am very tempted by the cup holders.....sad but true ;).

Should fit as the unit is a standard single DIN size and should replace the cubby under the stereo.

Also been toying with the idea of getting the R32 trim for the centre console but seeing as it comes in 5 parts it wouldn't have fitted. However VAGPARTS now do the double DIN unit for the centre console.....a plan is hatching ;).

Also been toying with the idea of getting the R32 trim for the centre console but seeing as it comes in 5 parts it wouldn't have fitted. However VAGPARTS now do the double DIN unit for the centre console.....a plan is hatching ;).

What does the R32 trim look like then?