How reliable is a ~300bhp vRS

zergutzu

Lol, Dont worry m8.... me and Steve both speak from experience, i used to own the black beast:cool: 370bhp:P

Phil

In that case, who am I to argue! LOL. 370BHP! bet that was a handful, my 230bhp takes me by surprise now and then. Still......back on topic. :thumbup:

In that case, who am I to argue! LOL. 370BHP! bet that was a handful, my 230bhp takes me by surprise now and then. Still......back on topic. :thumbup:

yep it sure is a handful but good fun, needs a lot of tlc, its got 6 speed and an lsd.

and my bad on the turbo, teach me to read before i type sorry 'bengie'

the gearbox is a 5 speed one, and the clutch has been changed with a sport version (I don't know the brand).

the owner says that it has a custom software build by some engineers in greece, so I think it is ok.

the ECU dosen't like the BOV, as the check engine light is always on.

I'd say it's not a good deal by just looking at the set up. Hate to see what the manifold looks like.

My advice would be, don't waste your money!

Not only that, the car would put the engine management light on for a reason. Personally, I'd leave it. Plenty more out there.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your input. Honestly, from the first day when I saw the car, I wasn't very ok with it, but It was fun to drive (as I drive a 1.9tdi 90bhp alh O1).

I will try to spend my money wisely, so I am going to search for a decent stock vRS or maybe the new Octavia RS if I'll get a good deal, that will make me happy in my day to day use.

Thank you,

Andrei

p.s

hope to post again soon with my new one :D

• 4 years later...

No guys as some of you have previously owned it and it has been talked about quite alot in this thread as having standard internals does the "black beast" have forged pistons and rods as being advertised when being sold? Thanks

To add to that its the black 51plate that speednut is selling and is that also the black beast? Thanks

the black beast got broken last year? I think as Snowmuncher had the engine and some other bits.  awesome thread revival though  :rock:

Jez,  this set of posted threads just gave me a headache

Is someone trying still to buy a car that was listed 4 years ago?

Is that car broken or scrapped

Does someone else now own it.

I bet Clive can answer all these as he has bound to have his mitts on it at some point lol, :giggle:

I will never again buy a big turbo car built by someone else as they are normally dog turds lol

I would buy to strip that's it lol but the parts are old so not worth it on this one mark

When you popping down