Vrs front wishbone bushes

SAJNA

Can anyone advise me on the following? Had front bushes replaced with the arms about a year ago, and yes, they tore out pretty quick. The only problem is, the replacement arms had a larger diameter hole for the bushes than the original. The original arms were scrapped. Does this mean I cannot retro fit Cupra bushes in the larger diameter arms, and if not can I get arms and bushes from Skoda with solid bushes as in the Cupra? Were all Fabias fitted with the weedy bushes to the end of the Mark 1 model? Failing everything else, will Seat Cupra arms and bushes complete fit the Fabia?

First up by front wishbone bushes im guessing you actually mean the console bush rather than the front bush in the wishbone itself.

If so the Cupra bushes fit straight in, you can buy the consoles complete from SEAT if you wish but its an expensive way of doing it. The wishbones are no different on any model on this platform up to 9 MY chassis.

Thanks for that. Yes, meant to say console bushes. When my mechanic ordered the parts, he was told that the original arms were no longer available and that we would have to have the updated arms with the larger diameter bushes. My vRS is an 04 reg. Are you saying that there are two sizes of Cupra bushes then? What year did 9MY chassis go up to? Any idea if Skoda updated the bushes for the Fabia prior to the Mark 1 model being phased out?

Sorry to thread jack a bit, but is it always worth replacing the front wishbone bushes at the same time as the console bushes?

You don't have to but its worthwhile doing for peace of mind, Powerflex ones are recommended for this, Part No. PFF85-601. Available from Awesome (site sponsor) and were the best price when I bought them (about 4 weeks ago), good service too :)

On topic - I'd of thought all console diameter sizes were the same.