I'm Exhausted

Had my exhaust fitted today Turbo and cat custom made by Advanced Automotive Systems LTD in newcastle, and blue flame from the cat onwards im loving the sound but after an hour driving its started knocking so will have to have a fiddle myself to see if i can sort it out when they fitted it they said the blue flame was very tight in places anyone had any problems whith there's and any tips for an easy fix? :D

Had my exhaust fitted today Turbo and cat custom made by Advanced Automotive Systems LTD in newcastle, and blue flame from the cat onwards im loving the sound but after an hour driving its started knocking so will have to have a fiddle myself to see if i can sort it out when they fitted it they said the blue flame was very tight in places anyone had any problems whith there's and any tips for an easy fix? :D

Take it back and get them to fit it properly, if its knocking them something is either out of line or has come loose.

Its a lot easier for them to do it whilst up on a lift, amd more to the point, I assume you paid them to do it?

Take it back and get them to fit it properly, if its knocking them something is either out of line or has come loose.

Its a lot easier for them to do it whilst up on a lift, amd more to the point, I assume you paid them to do it?

yes but he was i bit ****ed that i didnt get the whole exhaust from him and is now saying its not his fault if the blueflame exhaust is a bad fit :thumbdwn:

No probs at all with blueflame here, turbo back fitted great first time. I would imagine the Blueflames are all made to the same spec on a jig so i would assume that the custom cat is where the prob may lie.

I had issues with the centre plastic holder, Its a common fault even on the standard zaust systems, the rubber mounts give out rather too soon, my centre mount lasted 5 mins when i fitted my blueflame and the t-bar was hitting the heat shield.

However as said above the blueflame fits snugly in place and when fitted correctly does not knock.

My mechanic said the Blueflame was a tight fit as well, but it went on easily enough. It's pretty common to have little niggles with new exhausts- they said I may need to bring it back once it had 'settled' if it was knocking. I do occasionally get a little vibration, so I'll pop it back at some stage for a tweak.

yes but he was i bit ****ed that i didnt get the whole exhaust from him and is now saying its not his fault if the blueflame exhaust is a bad fit :thumbdwn:

Perhaps Blueflame might add that its not their fault if he's a bad fitter?

Get them to put it back up in the air and then they can show you where its knocking, as a good fitter should be able to improvise.

Perhaps Blueflame might add that its not their fault if he's a bad fitter?

Get them to put it back up in the air and then they can show you where its knocking, as a good fitter should be able to improvise.

will do mate its not knocking at all today but if it happens again ill be straight back

:thumbup: