fabia vrs problems

bertieboy

Hi, need advice on 2 things. I have bought an 07 fabia vrs about a month ago and i am firstly having a problem when the car is going along doing approx 30 to 40 mph it seems to be a bit jumpy/spluttery especially when light on the gas and this happens when the car is upto temp. Secondly also having problems when going 1st to reverse and visa versa with it being very hard to get into gear even after clutch up and down again. I have been back to dealer regarding these faults and they said they have adjusted the gear links which helped very slightly but didnt solve problem completly. Also said they put car on fault diognostics machine but showed no faults regarding sputtering. Iam a driving instructor and i am using the car a lot so any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.:(

Is this the infamous "stutter" ?? Worth searching for "stutter" and seeing when/where/how other people with the BLT engined fabia vRS's had the symptoms. From memory, it was something an EGR gasket solved, but having a stutter free ASZ engine, I've not done any research into at all. :o

Are you happy with the clutch pedal feel etc?

Clutch pedal feels fine. Very hard to engage gear 1 or reverse which seems to happen when stationary especially after reverse parking when going reverse to 1st and back to reverse again etc.

The gear linkages can be adjusted, but sliding it into 2nd between 1st and Reverse (you don't need to let the clutch out) may help as a work-around until you can get it looked at. :thumbup:

Clutch pedal feels fine. Very hard to engage gear 1 or reverse which seems to happen when stationary especially after reverse parking when going reverse to 1st and back to reverse again etc.

It just possibly might be the slave cylinder or the clutch lining wearing out, but I'd expect a garage to advise you about either of those.

It just possibly might be the slave cylinder or the clutch lining wearing out, but I'd expect a garage to advise you about either of those.

The skoda dealer adjusted the linkage which hasnt really helped and 2 days after this happened i was looking under the bonnet and found they had left an a4 sized instruction sheet on how to adjust the linkage! The car has only done 21000 miles so Is this a common fault for that mileage?[ I will be doing about 35000 miles a year]

If its specific to a gear i'd think its a syncro or oil issue.

Have you got dual controls fitted?

Yes dual controls are fitted to the car. Was done at a different skoda dealership from where i purchased the car.

Also back to my original post that included the famous stutter does replacing the 25mm gasket with the 9mm gasket [to hopefully cure this problem] and changing over to a pd 160 air intake affect the warranty?