Second hand car bargains. Real or myth?

pixi

I have been talking to the dealer where I got my car from, he said that secondhand values are very strong at the moment. The reason being, that because nobody is buying new cars at the moment they are keeping their old ones. He is really struggling to find good quality secondhand cars, and those he finds are being sold at auction for a premium.

There are of course bagains at the cheaper end of the market, but for new cars say 3-4 years old there are not that many around.

I have been talking to the dealer where I got my car from, he said that secondhand values are very strong at the moment. The reason being, that because nobody is buying new cars at the moment they are keeping their old ones. He is really struggling to find good quality secondhand cars, and those he finds are being sold at auction for a premium.

There are of course bagains at the cheaper end of the market, but for new cars say 3-4 years old there are not that many around.

Ive heard rumours of one dealer whos bought on e-bay :eek:

Looks like the ford dealer we got a letter from recently wasn't lying then! We bought a Fiesta about two years ago and recently received a letter from the dealer pleading with us to call in and look at a new motor, also offering top price trade in on the Fiesta.

I thought he was just trying to get us into a new car but it's a bit of both it seems according to comments on this thread. He wants to sell a new car and get ours in to sell on.