Need Cheering Up

Last Thursday I got caught in a bit of heavy snow first thing in the morning (around 6am).

Came over the brow of a hill very tentatively (20mph tops) to find the traffic coming the other way - stuck - unable to get up the hill due to ice.

Shouldn't have been a problem for me, except some numpty had decided his little Vauxhall Agila was imune to this problem and could get around them... and promptly got his car stuck on my side of the road ready for me to come over the hill and try my emergency stop skills on ice.

Fantastic. Octy's now at the workshop with around £2k worth of damage.

Just hoping the insurers see it as his fault - he was on my side of the road overtaking some stranded cars over the brow of a hill afterall - regardless of conditions, seems a stupid thing to do.

Anyway, just to make things even worse, I got a rental car while mine's being fixed... came back to it at a public car park yesterday to find a lovely big scratch down one side... marvellous. More expense for me

Anyone know any good jokes? Need a laugh.

I'd say that he was overtaking coming up to a blind crest, so he is going to get at least some of the blame. Oh for winter rated tyres, seems to be a not uncommon call of late.

What is the hire car and what colour is it?

If you can get a wax crayon (crayola) or the correct colour, or a turtlewax touch up stick of the correct colour then fill it in with that and do it again the day before you hand the car back. Let the car get nice and dirty, job done.

Unfortunately its back with them now (metallic grey Zafira).

I only get a small car free from the insurer but needed a bigger one over the weekend so had to upgrade at my own expense, so wanted to change back to free car asap. (Got a hideous Ka now)

Thanks for the tip, but I doubt a crayon would have covered it - it was a good 18" in length and right down through all the layers of paint.

Crayon covers everything and Crayola do a great range of std colours for all manufacturers :rofl:

Crayons did a wonderful job on a BMW I had as a rental car a few years ago, after I sorted the scratch you wouldnt have known until the car was washed a few times.

Unfortunately its back with them now (metallic grey Zafira).

I only get a small car free from the insurer but needed a bigger one over the weekend so had to upgrade at my own expense, so wanted to change back to free car asap. (Got a hideous Ka now)

Thanks for the tip, but I doubt a crayon would have covered it - it was a good 18" in length and right down through all the layers of paint.

Yeah it does work, odd as it may seem. I also know you can get metallic grey that covers up big key marks etc that are down to the primer/metal.

Oddly i learnt that tip from here too :)

Anyone know any good jokes? Need a laugh.

Two Nuns meet up for a coffee in a lovely Market Town Tea Shop:

Nun 1: "Did you come on the bus?"

Nun 2 (sheepishly): "Yes, but thankfully I managed to make it look like an Asthma attack....."

(I'll get my coat!)

Niall

Three old men were sitting on a park bench comparing notes on the problems of growing old. The first said he couldn't remember the last time he had a good bowel movement. The second one said his problem was more with his bladder. The third old man laughed and said he must be the lucky one.

"Every morning at seven I pee, and then at eight I have a good dump," he told them. " I just wish I could wake up before nine."