ringing in my ears ...

Have you both got a solar roof ?

Also Jon, is it windy along your road where you park, and could they do some sort of smoke test to test the sealing factor of the cars, personally I'm suspecting RF interference still, it could be as simple as someone using a mobile within a certain distance, if you still want to try Jon could you get Skoda to loan you an identical spec car and see if that one suffers it outside your house for a week or so.

they are now talking about a replacement ECU on my car !!

I'd say that's the most sensible suggestion they've made so far. When I had an electrical problem I had to wait for two two-day periods of "analysis-report-respond-retry-report-confirm" to-ing and fro-ing between the dealer and HQ. The paper chain alone was around 25mm thick by the time they were done getting confirmation to order the part. Then the suspect ECU had to be shipped in because there wasn't one in the UK. Then it was fitted and the problem went away entirely. It's been perfect ever since.

I hope you have the same good luck with your ECU replacement. :)

Ray.

I havent got a solar roof and where my car is parked is sheltered on three sides i doubt its wind

I havent got a solar roof and where my car is parked is sheltered on three sides i doubt its wind

I don't think Jon's has either looking back at his pics, do either of you use the phone pairing on the radio unit, if either of you do it might be worth clearing it and disabling it, I know it's a long shot but stupid things like this do happen and it's not something anyone considers.

Yes i have a phone paired to the car , i'm not willing to disable that though

Can you elaborate???

It has both been on hot days , well hotish at least and both times around 5-6pm , when the drive gets the sun and both times shortly after a short trip

Booked in to go on the machine next friday

As the hot air cools, the pressure in the car changes and the volumetric sensors *think* a window's been smashed.

The sensitivity just needs checking ;)

Stranger and stranger , went to the dealer today and they was no record of the alarm activating on the cars systems , which is as much of a problem imo as the alarm actually going off

They have contacted Skoda to see what they say on the matter

hello - update time (been away on holiday hence my absence on here. would have loved to have taken the superb with my family and caravan but coudl nto as i havent got the towbar sorted yet due to the uncertainty with the alarm !)

my local dealer has been talking to skoda UK technical and it has been agreed that they order various control units and then get my car in and work though the data, with central technical, and replace bits as necessary. this is to avoid the waiting for parts scenario. in the meantime no alarms have sounded recently. the wheels are turning slowly but at least they are turning, I must say the hortons in lincoln are being very supportive - remember I didnt buy the car from them.

in response to the comments about wind - i really dont think that modern alarm systems are that fickle. I manually set the alarm off - i was trying to ascertain if the car tells you there has been an alarm trigger - by sitting in the car and locking the dorrs then waving my arms about. i had to move a lot to set it off. i also did the same with the window open on a windy day. the alarm did not sound until i put my arms a long way inside the car. a small air leak on a dorr seal or heater vent would not trigger the alarm if a bloody great "hole" in a window , due to it being half open, doesnt !!

suspicions have turned to the voltage regulator unit now which is not entirely unreasonable as early diagnostics showed "low voltage" to be the problem .this lead to the belief that a flat battery was the cause and then the alarm unit itself . voltage regulator woudl also explain why my battery went flat a few weeks after i got the car when i left the headlights on for about 1 hour.

heres hoping...

in the meantime i have kept myself busy by buying an Audi A4 Cabroilet !!! its lovely - black with red leather seats and perfect in the sunny weather we are having at the moment !!

hello - update time (been away on holiday hence my absence on here. would have loved to have taken the superb with my family and caravan but coudl nto as i havent got the towbar sorted yet due to the uncertainty with the alarm !)

my local dealer has been talking to skoda UK technical and it has been agreed that they order various control units and then get my car in and work though the data, with central technical, and replace bits as necessary. this is to avoid the waiting for parts scenario. in the meantime no alarms have sounded recently. the wheels are turning slowly but at least they are turning, I must say the hortons in lincoln are being very supportive - remember I didnt buy the car from them.

in response to the comments about wind - i really dont think that modern alarm systems are that fickle. I manually set the alarm off - i was trying to ascertain if the car tells you there has been an alarm trigger - by sitting in the car and locking the dorrs then waving my arms about. i had to move a lot to set it off. i also did the same with the window open on a windy day. the alarm did not sound until i put my arms a long way inside the car. a small air leak on a dorr seal or heater vent would not trigger the alarm if a bloody great "hole" in a window , due to it being half open, doesnt !!

suspicions have turned to the voltage regulator unit now which is not entirely unreasonable as early diagnostics showed "low voltage" to be the problem .this lead to the belief that a flat battery was the cause and then the alarm unit itself . voltage regulator woudl also explain why my battery went flat a few weeks after i got the car when i left the headlights on for about 1 hour.

heres hoping...

in the meantime i have kept myself busy by buying an Audi A4 Cabroilet !!! its lovely - black with red leather seats and perfect in the sunny weather we are having at the moment !!

When I had my Fabia vRs I also found Hortons to be excellent. Ref the A4 Cabrio - I'm not busy and live around Lincoln so I wouldn't mind being kept "busy" if you want to buy me one.

I think it's ruined for you Jon, you buy a new car for reliability and self gratification, you've had neither so far, just watchout you aren't being sold a lame hound, if they can push you past a time point rejection gets harder, good luck with it, and enjoy the A4 I know I would.

this is their last chance. the supplying dealer essentially said they wont accept the rejection unless i agree to this work being done. I can see their point but I am only giving them the one last chance.