Hill-hold on a car that shouldn't have it?!!

Been realising lately that either I had incredible clutch control or my '58 1.8TSI L&K had hill-hold assist. Phoned the dealer AND customer services who both confirmed that my chassis number has PAR code UG1 which indeed signifies my motor has hill-hold.

Now, it was only put on the Scout and some vRS' apparently, so i'm not sure why my L&K has it... but i'm not grumbling. :D

Can someone tell me if hill-hold is some sort of physical unit that they have to add at the factory or is it just a function that can be switched on/off via VAGCOM or something similar? If so, that's mean it may just have been turned on at the factory, but I am curious as to how it's on my car?

Any ideas guys? :confused:

So a sensor has to be physically fitted, at the very least, which means that the factory had to make a definate decision to fit this for some reason when it's not in any brochure or anything...

...so does anyone know why, or have they c*cked up and I've just got a incredibly rare L&K or something??

Wierd that it's not in any of the brochures then. Perhaps it's so more people will see it as a bonus on the scout or something. I know i'd rather have an L&K, personally!

Its mentioned in the standard list spec on the Skoda site :)

The only thing is you dont know if the hill hold has actually engaged or not. I believe the scout actually says 'HOLD' on the maxidot screen when the system is engaged.

Either way its a very neat little feature and the next Skoda will have it :thumbup:

I was surprised to discover my L&K had hill hold. I wondered why the brake pedal felt strange when holding it on a hill before applying the handbrake.

Great bonus feature in my opinion.

If the Scout has the feature that it says HOLD on the maxidot, it kinda smacks that it'd be programmable to get it to work on any car with HHC and maxidot using VAGcom doesn't it? :confused:

Anyone know if this is doable or not? Might have to start a new thread with a specific question cos It's very possible the people in the know won't read this thread.

Like I say i'm not 100% on that, i'm sure I read it here somewhere that it comes up on the screen, can a Scout owner confirm this for us please?

VCDS probably doesnt have the ability to tweak the software behind the maxidot screen. I for one would like the 'screen off' function available whilst driving along. My '06 Octavia could do that while my '07 cannot.

On the new facelift all L & K's are shown on the Skoda UK website's configurator ( via the "equipment line" section) as having standard ESP and Hill Hold Control for both manual and DSG versions.

However, with regard to the petrol 1.4 TSI's & 1.8TSI's other than L & Ks', manual versions have a factory fitted ESP option with no Hill Hold mentioned whereas the DSG versions are listed with standard fit for both items - this applies to S, SE & Elegance trims levels.

As is said by others the 'new' L&K (the improved spec model from end 2007) had HHC fittted as standard and it was advertised as such in all the Skoda information I ever read!

I drove one and could tell, but my vRS, which alleges has it too, seems to have nothing resembling the same feel, indeed I would day no HHC. It has MaxiDot, as did the L&K (obvioulsy) and there was NO notification on the display, so why the Scout MaxiDot would I cannot imagine.

Doesn't mean it's in everything though. I have brochure editions UK 07/08 & UK 10/08 sitting in front of me and it says absolutely nothing about HHC being on any model except the Scout. The only reference to it from recent editions is the european L&K specific brochure, edition OC 108 20 04/08.

Sorry, forgot the exclamation mark to emphasize my point.

!

I believe the scout actually says 'HOLD' on the maxidot screen when the system is engaged.
Where did you gain that bit of info from :confused: as I've never seen it in my Scout, nor has Scouter2
No maxidot display of hill hold,

Where did you gain that bit of info from :confused: as I've never seen it in my Scout, nor has Scouter2

I read it about a year ago: http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/hill-hold-control/105057/

As I said in my previous post I am NOT 100% on that before people jump all over me. Either way, it would be nice to see evidence that the HHC is active. There have been a few instances where i've taken my foot off the brake pedal thinking the HHC is ready to hold the car when it isn't causing the car to roll back slightly.

And the Hill hold control has always been advertised as a standard feature on the March 2007> L&K. It was on the old Skoda website.

Yeah, sounds like the website might show stuff that the brochures don't so I can't argue you're not right on that front. I just had nothing on paper to confirm it but I never really looked at websites before getting my motor, to be honest.