Really loud buzzing from engine bay??

dxg

Okay, ignition on, but engine off and I've got this *really* loud buzzing come from the engine bay.

Seems to be from the offside, towards the rear. Immediate though was "fuel pump", but I'm not exactly sure where this in the VRS...

Had a good feel around and couldn't feel anything vibrating - nothing that you could reach from the top anyway. At first I thought it might from the filter in front of the wheel arch, but it seemed to be coming more from the vacum unit area.

Should I be worried - I mean it's really loud! I thought it was an alarm off in the distance, but I realised it was the car...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcCrSzzpiCs

Edited by dxg

my car makes a buzzing noise when i turn my engine off, for about 10 seconds then stops. it comes from the vaccum thing in top left of engine bay maybe that?

And is this normal?

No this is not normal. Vac box fault. Its a new box. I had this issue with mine. I was informed that eventually when i turn the engine off at the key it will keep running.

approx £100 to fix with a new box. Its about 10 mins fitting so dont pay any more.:thumbup:

Matt

No this is not normal. Vac box fault. Its a new box. I had this issue with mine. I was informed that eventually when i turn the engine off at the key it will keep running.

approx £100 to fix with a new box. Its about 10 mins fitting so dont pay any more.:thumbup:

Matt

aw ouch! lol