Engine cover picture for 2.0 fsi

hi all

ive just got my first ever skoda

a black octavia scout 2.0 fsi looking under the bonnet it seems part of the cover is missing but cant be sure i was hopeing someone would be able to post a pic of theres so i can see whats missing

the car is a 57 plate direct from skoda with low miles so hopefully i will be able to get them to supply a replacement if there is anything missing

magicknight you not missing anything it is correct what you have under the bonnet as its the same as mine. the TFSI picture at the top is a totally different engine to what the FSI one is and takes for example a different air filter. your picture is correct and shows exactly what should be under the bonnet and the likes of vrstu a member here can confirm it as he has seen both a non turbo and turbo engine and knows the differences. :thumbup:

nothing to worry about.

hmm id have thought with the vRS engine (in the top pic) being the 2.0FSi with a turbo that the engine cover would have been the same

The engine cover on the TFSi incorporates the air filter and also houses the airway to the turbo at the rear of the engine, the FSi engine does not need this as it has an 'air box' therefore doesn't need the cover.

but looking how much more a direct route the air flow goes to the engine compared to the 2.0fsi its making me wonder how the 2.0fsi would be doing a more direct route to the engine like the tfsi one is.

magicknight you not missing anything it is correct what you have under the bonnet as its the same as mine. the TFSI picture at the top is a totally different engine to what the FSI one is and takes for example a different air filter. your picture is correct and shows exactly what should be under the bonnet and the likes of vrstu a member here can confirm it as he has seen both a non turbo and turbo engine and knows the differences. :thumbup:

nothing to worry about.

yup ignore what i said :) assumption is the mother of all f**k ups :rolleyes:

but looking how much more a direct route the air flow goes to the engine compared to the 2.0fsi its making me wonder how the 2.0fsi would be doing a more direct route to the engine like the tfsi one is.

Not quite sure what you mean there but the intakes are different as the FSi the intake goes onto the inlet manifold from the air filter. On the TFSi the intake goes onto the turbo.

Different sides of the engine.

Not quite sure what you mean there but the intakes are different as the FSi the intake goes onto the inlet manifold from the air filter. On the TFSi the intake goes onto the turbo.

Different sides of the engine.

Yup, but you cant educate pork unfortunately! :D;)