joined the hybrid club

yeerrsssh

got my new pd150 hybrid, pro alloy fmic, decat, helix clutch and smf and 312mm brakes fitter by jabba!

took it in on tuesday and finished and back today and boy is it quick! only 200-210bhp atm but once i've been to pipewerx for a custom catback pipe will be mapped up to 240ish!

haha will get pics and a vid of the clutch sound as someone requested soon :thumbup:

winner! lol you scared me for a sec there!! thought the belt wasn't done! ok well thats cool i'll take it too the stealer to get that done! i feel i've given you enough money now hahaha

god i love my fabia soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much now :D and the sound is immense with the hybrid whistling down the decat!! tunnels are fun haha

I really need to win the euro tonight! Im not greedy I'm not asking for the full £27million just say £5m. Although if I did win that kind of money I'm not so sure I would be driving a fabia vrs for much longer really!

I really need to win the euro tonight! Im not greedy I'm not asking for the full £27million just say £5m. Although if I did win that kind of money I'm not so sure I would be driving a fabia vrs for much longer really!

i think if i won that money i'd do the cupra 20vt conversion into the fabia haha or an R32 supercharged conversion!!

Along with a awd conversion etc :thumbup:

ohhhhh yersssh :thumbup: god that would be the ultimate fabia!!!!

well chuffed with my FMIC! it looks mean when you know its there but if you just glance at the car your more drawn to the tt comps and slammage rather than noticing the fmic and realising what power lies beneathe haha

i was lucky as i got my hybrid,pro alloy fmic and 312mm brakes with decat for £1100 off a chap on here second hand! and the helix clutch and smf was £800 from demon tweeks although the prices have gone up!

a new stage two tubby is in the region of £900-1100 i think? someone will be along soon to correct me im sure!

although i say take the plunge and do it :D

...must say the 312mm's are amazing! feels like im trying to left foot brake all the time compared to the 288's!

Thats certainly the most important mod for me the brakes. I'm considering disconnecting the abs too when I get the 312mm set up as I've been without abs for so long and I'm really not a fan.

Shhh dont tell them all, its hard enough trying to get hold of a set on here as it is! Soon as a set comes up for sale they are gone in an instance! There is a guy on ebay selling them at £290 a set (around that figure anyway) but I'm a tight git and want to find a set cheaper :D

Damm it, new i sold them too cheap, still enjoy. Can wait to get mine back had a look at it friday and its nearly there.

youe next spend should be the diff, makes a world of difference.

i'd love to be taken out to experience a diff!

kev said today yours was on the rollers and made an easy 240bhp on prev map!! :thumbup: i'd love to see that animal on the road!!

THANK YOU FOR THE CHEAPNESS ON THE PARTS

im enjoying them muchly :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

i'd love to be taken out to experience a diff!

kev said today yours was on the rollers and made an easy 240bhp on prev map!! :thumbup: i'd love to see that animal on the road!!

It will be interesting to see what it reaches once Michael has a play.

I'll let you know when i come to pick it up, although if your around when there test driving it i dare say one of the Jabba boys will let you ride shotgun

Can someone tell me whats the difference between a normal turbo and a hybrid one please...:o

nicked from the turbo technics site!

"Most hybrid turbochargers will look identical to standard units from the outside. The changes occur inside, by using different aerodynamic configurations, both in the compressor and turbine housings."

tbh i didn't know what the difference was!

i doubt i'd be around as im working a lot and i only make the trek across boro to the jabba lads when my car needs something doing!! usually we just meet up in boro when we're out to play!

im sure i'll see you at a show sometime and i can bagsy the front seat on a lap or a trip to a shop haha:thumbup:

Did you get the roof castors fitted? :rofl: Sounds like you are having way too much fun mate. :thumbup:

i have a cunning plan! as cunning as a fox who went and got a degree in cunningness at the oxford university of cunning!!! haha it involves a roof rack and skateboards upsidedown :D

I thought a hybrid used a larger compressor than standard? ie the exhaust turbine remains the same but the intake side was swapped to a larger one? Or vice-versa.

I've just bought some 312mm calipers and carriers off ebay for £156 and will order some discs and pads to go with them once they've turned up so a reasonable saving off the ones for £290. And my Jabba ARB will be fitted tomorrow. Yay! Think it'll be a while before I go down the hybrid route though!