Old F1 GP's on TV

Jim H

This morning I was looking for a program on Iplayer found If you press the Red Button on BBC and go to Sport Multi-screen, it is showing old Australian GPs of 1986 and 1994. On the 1986 one it was great to hear James Hunt and how good he was at commentating.

See also BBC - BBC Sport: Classic Australian GP - the winner

I don't know if this is posted in the right section, so if not, please delete this post and move into the correct place.

I'm leaving judgement open on the beebs coverage until it clashes with another major sports event.

My head says they'll junk it off to beeb4, my heart hopes the long coverages slots for quali and the race mean similar standards we've gotten used to on ITV, but no ads.

just watched both the '86 and '94 races and the '86 race was the first gp i watched.... (had recorded and watched the race on sunday morning)

[edit] now have the GP theme as my ring tone :D

Tell me F1 2009 has new theme, not the old beeb one?

The BBC has confirmed that they will use the old theme of Fleetwood Mac's The Chain. I wonder if it will be a horrible modern remix of it or they will just use the old one. Anyway what's wrong with the old one, I love it.

I'm leaving judgement open on the beebs coverage until it clashes with another major sports event.

My head says they'll junk it off to beeb4, my heart hopes the long coverages slots for quali and the race mean similar standards we've gotten used to on ITV, but no ads.

Theyve already confirmed that Brazil will be shown on BBC two

Moox, Schumi had already turned into the corner when Hill tried to bull his way through a closing gap. If anything anticidents say that Hill should now be dqed from the 1994 championship!

And FM's "The Chain" is a classic in a way that nothing ITV have ever used will ever be. The really good news is that the Beeb will be using the original again!

I can, starting off with anything ITV used, any random techno track...

True. But then F1's gone backwards, so may as well use a theme from the 80's. get Lewis and co sporting mullets or some thick tash's and it'll be just like the good old days.

I have just found this link that not only show these controversial rear diffuses, but also shows the differences between 2008 and 2009 cars. See FORMULA 1 2009 - TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS - 2008/2009 COMPARISON

Sorry for being off-topic but I did not know where to post it.