Aero Wipers on a Fabia vRS?

DarkForce

Hi there,

My Fabia vRS should hopefully be arriving next month, and i was looking at the possibility of fitting Aero Wipers on it a la the current Polo. Has anyone done this? Can you use the wipers off the Polo or does another model's wipers fit?

Cheers,

Chris

I came up with the same question last night whilst looking at www.vagparts.com . Couple of weeks ago I was cleaning the better half's Golf and noticed the Aero wipers and was wondering if the aero wipers would fit my Octy. I'll have to "attack" it with a 12mm spanner and check next time I have it.

It can be done but is major engineering! You take polo arms and have to prise the ends off that hold the aero wiper blades. Then take your fabia arms and cut the loops off the end and now graft the ends of the polo arms on.

POLO ARMS DO NOT WORK ON A FABIA AND WILL CAUSE BONNET DAMAGE.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12631

I heard a rumour that the 2005 MY vRS may well come with Aero wipers as standard, we shall have to see. And no the Polo ones wont fit the Fabia, the arm is a different shape.

I was wondering about that actually. VW Group cars often come with odd little changes like this for new model years (like Aero Wipers on most MY03 Golfs). I wonder what the other changes for the 2005MY might be - along with the new back lights. Someone must be getting theirs soon?

Chris