Project "This is staying standard" - My Fabia

DayVe

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i managed to get over the monster speed bump into work, no problems! :thumbup: So we'll see how i get on with the monster on the way out! :rofl:

Although i was hoping the coilovers would be ALOT firmer! :(

To be honest with you, i was alittle bit annoyed and they're not as bad as first thought!

However, theres a fresh squeak coming from the car - ive no idea what it is, but sounds like its coming from the back half.

And i can see to get the front drivers side tight - So its making a sound like my wheel is going to fall off.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothings really been going on here! :(

Ive not been too well & im having trouble with the suspention - So the paint, i was expecting to have done by now . . . Ive no longer got the cash for! A slow month - But ive just ordered afew bits, so hopefully i'll have a picture or two to post in the week! :)

Coilovers - Aaaarrrggghhh!

I had no issues on the Golf! Getting TERRIBLE noises on the Fabia!

I decided, with the Help of the lovely Sarah that i get the car into Awesome and have it looked over! The mechanic gave me afew ideas on what could be making these weird noises and im going to rebook for the alignment once ive got these sorted! Top bit of service from Awesome - was made up!

Ive been advised on replacing the top mounts - bearings an mounts. The anti roll bar mounts. Would that do it? If not, what else? Someone has mentioned "helper springs" As you can tell - I dont know a thing about the running of a car . . . I just drive them! :rofl:

Would anyone be so kind as to direct me to the items i'll need to buy to sort this? That way i can just buy them, have them fit, get the Alignment done . . . which will equal no more car headache or hating and i can get back to modding the thing! :cool: