New wheel problem.

Any ideas anyone???

I have finally got round to buying my new alloys - RS4 new style 8x18 with 225/40x18 nankang ns 2 tyres.

I'm sure this will please hundreds of you as I have never had so many emails, texts etc since first mentioning that my standard spiders will be cleaned up and on sale soon.....(I will keep you posted when they are on ebay I PROMISE).

The problem is the alloy sticks out slightly further than the tyre. There is no obvious rim protector on the tyre but the tyre side wall looks normal. There is a slight gap also inbetween the rim edge and the tyre. I'll try and get a pic up as it's a little hard to explain!

Just wondered if anyone had come across this with the same wheel as I know they are getting more popular.

My only obvious thought was that the wheel was a 8.5x18 instead of 8x18 but it isn't.

mmm I think I know what you mean mate, better waitin for the pic. I had a sim thing when I got new tyres put on my old R32 (new style) rims. they didnt look on right but was assured they were.

mmm

all best billy