Performance Torque

Hey Guys & Gals!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know how impressed I have been by the product & service I have received from Will @ Performance Torque.

My initial enquiry and booking was dealt with extremely quickly and efficiently. Will responded to my (many) e-mails almost immediately and could answer all the questions I threw at him.

On the day of my re-map Will was extremely professional and was happy to discuss the technical aspect of the work carried out. Once the re-map had been carried out Will insisted I test drive the car before he would allow me to pay for the work.

Once we returned from the drive I could not pay quick enough, the car really had been transformed. Not only was it smoother throughout the rev range but it was now a rocket ship!!!

Although I don't pay particular attention to rolling road figures as they fluctuate so much the results were as follows :-

PRE-MAP

Power At Flywheel - 197.6 BHP

Power At Wheels - 179.2 BHP

Torque - 191.9 LB/FT

POST-MAP

Power At Flywheel - 241.5 BHP

Powet At Wheels - 224.1 BHP

Torque - 254.6 LB/FT

Once I've scanned my results on to my PC I'll post up my graph!!

I would be happy to recommend Performance Torque and would encourage anyone to get they're car re-mapped, IT'S AWESOME :D:thumbup:!!!!!!

With very, very low drag/power loss figures between the flywheel and the wheels, post map just 17.4bhp?

A+ for your maths ;)!!!!

Like i mentioned in my post i'm not too fussed with rolling road figures as all they tend to do is start bickering but I knew people would ask :rolleyes:.

All I know is the car feels unbelievably different now :thumbup: :thumbup:!

All i've got at the moment is a Blueflame turbo-back exhaust and a Carbonio CAI!!!!

I would by no means suggest the rolling road figures are 100% accurate (don't think any of them are!!!) but the car feels COMPLETELY different ;) ;)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest westallc

im sure with the right map your not to far from that power mate :thumbup:

give or take a few bhp hear and there but lovely mate bet your still smiling :D

enjoy:thumbup:

good results there mate esp with just a few mods, and i for one second will's service and maps along with two of my mates:thumbup:

im still smiling for months after esp wen you muller the un-expected lol!

With very, very low drag/power loss figures between the flywheel and the wheels, post map just 17.4bhp?

Totally agree there mate, i had 36bhp losses between flywheel and wheels. It is true that Inflated figures do increase a tuners income :rofl:

Will is very good at his job and i have heard many good things about him....... The RR figures do seem a bit on the high side though.

As promised here is the power graph!!!

I knew all the usual bickering would start as soon as I mentioned figures :rolleyes:

At the end of the day the car has been transformed, Will provided a great service and all for a bargain price compared to everyone else :D:thumbup:

Power Graph.pdf

The dyno runs were back to back showing a true gain.... I reassure you they are accurate...

Also, the stock Octavia VRS makes 180 - 185hp, so I think 197hp is fair allowing for the full exhaust? Anyway, I would be a millionaire if I had £1 for every query regarding

This may be of interest..... Octavia VRS on Awesone Gti's rollers.... http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/rollingroad/graph/rr.briskoda_151108/davey.jpg

Well goodness me! A 17hp loss ;-)

i had my mk 1 octy rr before and after at will's and was a standard car,full service history on it and no probs and made 178bhp before which i think is pretty much on the money for a standard set up,but ultimately couldn be happier with results now:D:thumbup:

i had my mk 1 octy rr before and after at will's and was a standard car,full service history on it and no probs and made 178bhp before which i think is pretty much on the money for a standard set up,but ultimately couldn be happier with results now:D:thumbup:

Pleased you are still happy!

No plans for big turbo yet then? :D