Glovebox rattle

I have a new blueline 1.2 (3weeks old)- very good car, nice to drive. But I have a small rattle from the lower left section of the glovebox.

I'm thinking of taking it back to the garage, but thought I would investigate more myself, had a look and its really difficult to get into the back of the car - was hoping I could take the side pannel off to gain access, but it seems sell secured. Had a look at the screws on the top box, and underneath - it all seems very well put together.

If I put pressure on the left side of the inside of the glovebox it stops

Any thoughts on access or rattle?

The upper case of the glovebox can be easily disassembled unscrewing two torx screws that are inside it, you can remove it and see if noise is coming from there.

I did but did not solve my problem, it comes from inside the ventilation circuit.

For the glovebox cover that was seriously rattling I just put two adhesive felts like the ones to be put under tables or chair legs, on the two sides of the glovebox where the cover sits ... this keeps it far from touching plastic parts one each other and i solved this problem.

Bye.

It may not be the glovebox.

Look under the glovebox, you will see a polystyrene cover that hides the underside of the glovebox and has the airvent's poking through it. It is only "wedged" in place, mine was loose and bounced up and down slightly on the hard plastic of the dash ..... I put a bit of draught excluder on it and it stopped the noise.

The thing is though ...... why should I be doing this in 2009 :) can't it be sorted at the factory by using parts that fit ;)

• 4 months later...

I'm hearing a similar knocking noise coming from the left hand side too. It sounds as if there there's something loose I don't know but it's driving me round the bend. It happens either when the engine is being stressed (eg if you're not giving it enough gas when releasing the clutch to reverse or if you're driving and you need to lower the gear) or else over a bumpy surface.

I hear it either somewhere behind the glove box or else the front left suspension or else something in the engine bay. I opened the bonnet bonnet and could see that the air cleaner is kind of suspended on bushes rather than solidly screwed on. Could it be this? Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?

Thanks