Diesel Fuel Additives ?

BRUN

ive noticed a few different ones mentioned on here, ive also seen a Skoda tech note to say they must never be used ?

which are recommended, are they safe, why would Skoda say not to use them ?

surely with how clogged everything gets on a diesel they can only do good if used properly ?

I always use Shell Diesel Extra, (it's the cheapest in my town), not V-Power @ 6p/L more I normally use Millers Diesel Power Sport 4, It keeps thing clean and supposed to give extra Cetane. It's £12 or £13 from Hallfrauds, but I pick it up for £7.50 from my local Motor Factors. At £7:50 for 500 milli litrres its 1.5 pence per Litre of Derv..

Skoda advise not to use additives in their handbook, so I would not use it under warranty conditions, or at least remove the bottle when you take it to a garage.

Skoda advise not to use additives in their handbook, so I would not use it under warranty conditions, or at least remove the bottle when you take it to a garage.

I think they dip the tank if there is a fuel system issue to check you haven't put additives in there, to which they would reply 'there's the door, jog on son' if there was....

i use the millers power plus diesel clean, only use it when i have to use regular diesel, try to normaly put in vpower diesel or bp ultimate.

A guy on here did a full review based on 50k miles or so with his car. IIRC he found that the premium diesels (V-Power, BP Ulitmate etc) gave no more performance or economy than supermarket stuff with a shot of Millers PS4. The premium fuels are usually 6-8p/litre more, whereas MPS4 can be less than 1ppl (if you buy the 5l bottle for £65 ;) ). He did note a performance and economy improvement over normal diesel though.