0 - 60 times (remapped vrs)

JCW

Putting the power down is the hard bit in the first couple of gears, 3rd it starts to be just about possible in the dry. The Quaife helped loads though as when it is borderline it will just transfer the power enough to avoid the slip you'd get without it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7. odd seconds to 60mph with a map, 8.5 or so standard?

Sub 6's with a few choice mods ;)

Choice being a new ratio gearbox to reduce need to change to 3rd for 60? LSD? 4x4 (:)) and loads more than the usual generic map ******.

It would cost £000's to get a Fabia under 6 seconds. and then it begs the question - why bother?

A remapped one (which realsitically wont be as much as some think, so about 160-165BHP max) will hit 60 in about 7.5s, as opposed to standard 8-8.5s

Stages pfffft. They mean nothing. I've got the "Stage 2" Turbo good for 240bhp, so duno where you get stage 3 from haha

Im not sure what Stage 2 turbo you have thats good for 240hp, as if its the TD, its good for 260hp actually.

However the stage of turbo has nothing to do with the stage of the CAR.

Terms:

Stage I usually refers to a chip upgrade or nozzles only.

Stage II usually refers to chip AND nozzles.

Stage III usually refers to hybred or non-stock turbo, nozzles and chip. .

Stolen from TDiClub forums

So as I said before pfffft and haha. Most would class a sub 6 second 0-60 time made by a stage 3 tune.

Choice being a new ratio gearbox to reduce need to change to 3rd for 60? LSD? 4x4 (:)) and loads more than the usual generic map ******.

It would cost £000's to get a Fabia under 6 seconds. and then it begs the question - why bother?

A remapped one (which realsitically wont be as much as some think, so about 160-165BHP max) will hit 60 in about 7.5s, as opposed to standard 8-8.5s

Im sure all the above would get you a sub 6 second 0-60 time. However a mere 230bhp, some decent tyres and a good driver should be able to run below 6 seconds with the helps of a A.T.B diff.

Im not saying a simple remap to 170bhp will get you below 6 seconds?

As for costs, if you wanted it just for straight line speed, then not that much, slicks, big turbo, exhaust.... and new clutch after uve burnt it out trying to launch it!

As for why? Why bother getting a car than can do sub 6 seconds full stop? Why bother using a car? Tha question is just silly.

i love these threads! lol. wish there was more of um. on a good day with my upgrtaded clutch i think 6.5 to 60 is totally posible

I've yet to get better than 6.3 seconds, on proper timing gear, and mine is more than just remapped. I think unless you have really sticky tyres & a sticky surface, sub 6 seconds is unlikely due to traction and would be hell of an achievement in a fwd derv. :)

How does an uprated clutch help?

People are living in cloud cukoo land...

Its a shopping car with a few choice aesthetic mods and a little extra power.

3 seconds........just count slower.....pffft

I've yet to get better than 6.3 seconds, on proper timing gear, and mine is more than just remapped. I think unless you have really sticky tyres & a sticky surface, sub 6 seconds is unlikely due to traction and would be hell of an achievement in a fwd derv. :)

T. Spark IIRC actually has a ticket from a track stating 5.....somthing seconds, was deffo sub 6 tho

Unless you know the speedo error for your car - for mine 60 indicated is only 56 true - any 0-60 times are likely to be significantly over-optimistic. JMTPW.

Are you being serious? Are you actually asking how a uprated clutch can help get lower 0-60 times on a car? Or just being silly?

Thanks mate :thumbup: I have to admit I was impressed with the car, and myself too :rofl:

I am also a numpty driver :D so to get 6.3 for me is good. And that was GPS based on this racelogic thing so at least I know was pretty darn accurate compared to a speedo vs stopwatch. :rofl:

6.3 is a good time, esp. when you take into account the extra weight you have tbh over me fella.

My point was it is -do-able with the right conditions to these none believes, and more importantly to the idiots that say why? Well why do anything to a car, ever then!?

6.3 is a good time, esp. when you take into account the extra weight you have tbh over me fella.

My point was it is -do-able with the right conditions to these none believes, and more importantly to the idiots that say why? Well why do anything to a car, ever then!?

you saying hes fat? bit harsh LOL

Im not sure what Stage 2 turbo you have thats good for 240hp, as if its the TD, its good for 260hp actually.

However the stage of turbo has nothing to do with the stage of the CAR.

Terms:

Stage I usually refers to a chip upgrade or nozzles only.

Stage II usually refers to chip AND nozzles.

Stage III usually refers to hybred or non-stock turbo, nozzles and chip. .

Stolen from TDiClub forums

So as I said before pfffft and haha. Most would class a sub 6 second 0-60 time made by a stage 3 tune.

Wow so I'll go time my car when I get home and I should be sub 6 seconds eh, dont talk rubbish!!!!

TD (Thats turbo dynamics) state good for 240 actually or do you test them everyday or summert, god you must have a chip on your shoulder about our Skoda's

Im not sure what Stage 2 turbo you have thats good for 240hp, as if its the TD, its good for 260hp actually

Can you ACTUALLY read "SEAT" boy? Note the difference between the 4 and the 6? :thumbup:

Stage 2 – MD376

Hi flow GT20 spec compressor wheel, cnc machined compressor housing, 360 degree

thrust bearing, cut back turbine blades, lightening of turbine wheel for faster ‘spool up’,

modified V.N.T. turbine housing, uprated turbine seals. Other ‘blueprinting’

modifications. APPROX 220-240 BHP

Our price £1030inc

Don't forget that shifty's fabia only made a time of 5.85 seconds 0-60 and consider all the weight he had stripped out.

I would say that you would do well to get a sub 0-60 time with a full interior

30-80 times are a different story however ;)

up graded clutch =more torque from map!

Due to the need to change gear quickly, the 0-60 figures on a diesel are hard to replicate

In gear performance of a remapped diesel vRS will blow many petrol cars away..thats how you should measure it IMO

because thats what suits you better?

its only ever diesel drivers that go on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, about in gear times because everyone else can change gear :)

why shout about being faster than a lambo when both in top at 15mph or whatever when if driven properly the lambo will destroy you, only to win the arguement.

The torque at the wheels + actual power output of the engine makes the difference. Petrols have shorter gearing to be able to use the nice big power band. A properly sorted petrol 1.8T will destroy a properly sorted 1.9 PD - no questions asked.

The really big problem with derv in the lower gears in particular is that the power just cannot be put down. Bengie's 4x4 (Octy) has much higher transmission losses than a stock Fabia vRS, however he can/could launch with 4 wheels spinning but pretty much have traction mostly apart from that. Even more so in the wet.

The Quaife helps.

Lowering weight helps.

Having a good smooth map helps.

Having a lambo would be a fairly large advantage too :rofl: