0 - 60 times (remapped vrs)

JCW

Just a quick question. What are the general 0 -60 times for a remapped vrs. Im no boy racer but i have had some interesting experiences recently when accelerating to 60 whilst behind other cars. The new m3 comes to mind, now im obviously not sayin a fabia is a quick to 60 as an m3 but i found very little between the two cars and the m3 was defintaly accelerating because there quite a lovely note from it although he was probably just in first.

anyone care to add some info on the subject?

cheers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can get to within a gnat's chuff of 8 seconds with my Dragon box. This is a fast, 'normal' start, rather than any clutch dumping nonsense. The much-discussed 30-50 performance is where the Fabby vRS is best. I believe even a standard one beats an Elise in that particular arena...

I can get to within a gnat's chuff of 8 seconds with my Dragon box. This is a fast, 'normal' start, rather than any clutch dumping nonsense. The much-discussed 30-50 performance is where the Fabby vRS is best. I believe even a standard one beats an Elise in that particular arena...

30-50 performance is only much-discussed by diesel owners though, and even then only in a particular (tractor flattering) gear :D

30-50 performance is only much-discussed by diesel owners though, and even then only in a particular (tractor flattering) gear :D

Thing is, in everyday normal driving, it's the 30 to 50 area used for overtaking where the VRs really shines :thumbup: 0 to 60 on a track is important, but on public roads tends to be a Fuzz Magnet :rofl:

Thing is, in everyday normal driving, it's the 30 to 50 area used for overtaking where the VRs really shines :thumbup: 0 to 60 on a track is important, but on public roads tends to be a Fuzz Magnet :rofl:

Sorry but when I drop swmbo's clio into 2nd gear for overtaking its much faster than my standard fabia. Remapped fabia it would be similar to the clio.

Can't say I've every done a standing start on track :confused:

My standard VRS on a good day @ 70,000 miles (nicely run in) indicates between 6.5

- 7.0 seconds. Bearing in mind that the speedometer is very liberal. I.E indicated 60 is

really 57 MPH. Saying that there are only 2 cars that have whooped the VRS, 1

being a Lupo GTI and the other a fiesta ST. Me done now. Opens popcorn and

relaxes.:)

Strange that /\ im remapped and can pull away from the limited Edition Fiesta ST's and only get mid 7's....

think your stop watch is cooked....

anyhow lets not get into its as fast blah blah blah....

its not a sports / fast car but for a diesel hatch its a cracker.... sub 8 seconds cheap tax and insurance :D and running costs.... its a winner :D

Due to the need to change gear quickly, the 0-60 figures on a diesel are hard to replicate

In gear performance of a remapped diesel vRS will blow many petrol cars away..thats how you should measure it IMO

Who cares? If you want sub 7-8 second 0-60 times, buy something fast to begin with :D

In reality I think that the standard 0-60 time of the vrs is less than 9.6 seconds (claimed by Skoda) but I think you'd be very lucky to get below 8. Remember that even jason with his >200hp engine probably struggles to put that power down between 0 and ~30mph. I just don't think the fabia's chassis/suspension was ever designed for that fast acceleration :D