Whining noise when coasting or braking vRS

hello people

hope you're well. my vRS has been fantastic over the last four months of ownership. however over the last week a whining noise has developed that is noticeable when breaking - coasting etc. it's definately more noticable when rolling in neutral. sounds like a bearing to me but i thought i would be able to hear that all the time. just wondering if any of you may have an idea before i approach the dealer. the car is under warranty with simpsons.

thanks in advance :thumbup:

Edited by wdf76
spelling error

hello people

hope you're well. my vRS has been fantastic over the last four months of ownership. however over the last week a whining noise has developed that is noticeable when breaking - coasting etc. it's definately more noticable when rolling in neutral. sounds like a bearing to me but i thought i would be able to hear that all the time. just wondering if any of you may have an idea before i approach the dealer. the car is under warranty with simpsons.

thanks in advance :thumbup:

This will prob be useless info.. but I had the same issue with a megane I used to own. It varied depending on the wether too iirc... Garage could never find it! I then one day blasted down the M4 at........ mph and it dissapeard! So that is now my answer if I ever get a silly unexplained noise again.

Does the noise change/ disappear when coasting & turning the wheel either direction? If yes, then it sounds like wheel bearing. What mileage is on the clock?

shot... spolling wis nover my strang pint...

that would be the brakes then...

cars an 04 with 75k.

low speed, say rolling to a stop at a junction there is no noise. or not one i can make out.

however when braking down the slip road or approaching roundabouts on dual carriageways, from 70 ish and clutching in to down shift, that's when the whine is at its noisiest.

friggin rear screen wash broke again too! aaarrrggghhhh!