Any 17 year old vRS drivers in here?

If you've got the money to spend on the car, and you want to spend it on the car, you should be completely free to.

Regardless of if a few people on the internet disapprove of you driving the car - you or your family through whatever means earnt the money (and therefore the freedom) to buy the car you want, so buy it, don't think about what others think and enjoy life ffs.

I spend a small fortune on insurance every year, but I don't drink, don't smoke and don't do drugs, so I'll spend my money on something I'll enjoy (just like the people who spend their money on stuff in the first category do) thank you very much.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think insuring a vRS at the age of 17 is pure madness just my opinion. i would be more worried about my son driving a 130bhp vRS than a 50hp 1.1 Saxo!

Why not get a cheap car for under a grand and run that until 21 (when he gets his first insurance break) it doesnt matter if it gets knocked, vandalised or whatever, then go the vRS route. By then 4 years NCB should have been clocked up and should be no problem to insure a vRS cheaply and of course, 4 years from now vRSs will be alot cheaper to buy.

Oh dear, I seem to be repeating myself here, over and over again.

It was decided several pages ago that a vRS was out of the question.

He's got a 2003 1.1 Hyundai Getz Gsi

Finally sorted!

Well for the duration of the lads provisional licence anyway. :rolleyes:

May I introduce any potential and up and coming young learners out there to 'Young Marmalade' learners only insurance policy, underwritten by Collingwood.

£96.50 for the first month, followed by further payments of £76.50 every 28 days until a full licence is obtained.

His desire to get his mitts on my vRS came within a whisker of being realised too, as the insurance will cover ANY car up to £20k in value, and UP TO insurance group rate 16!! !:eek:....only while he's a learner though.

Decided against it however, so he'll be learning in the car he will be driving on his own, hopefully within the next 2/3 months.

Keep off the roads around the Chester and North Wales area tomorrow btw, and do a quick handbrake turn if you see a black Getz swerving towards you!

Thanks for all your help and advice everyone. :thumbup: