braking problem

Hi,

I was searching the net to see if there was any common problems with the braking problem I am having and came across this forum.

I have a fabia 1.2 12v estate 55 reg. The car has about 1 month used car warranty left. Just yesterday I experienced, for the second time, a problem when braking. When I brake normally it felt like the car was on snow/gravel and I could feel small vibrations kicking back on the brake pedal.

The brake discs are fine (according to the Skoda dealer) and discs have been changed under warranty.

Also, had the tracking sorted and enquired with a local garage who said that this problem might be due to the ABS kicking in early...Is he right?

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

How are the tyres on in? If its there (it is here) it is likely to cause the ABS to come on and if tyres are bad that won't help.

I've had 4 new Michelin tyres fitted so I don't think there's a problem with the tyres. I've had this braking problem before fitting new tyres as well.

I have a 54 plate fabia estate & the same "problem". I have been advised it it the ABS kicking in, even though I don't drive fast or brake in a hurry.

I've got about 3 weeks left on the used car warranty, so I've taken the car back to the Skoda dealers. They argued that there was nothing wrong with the brakes because its passed the MOT. Well, things can go wrong since having an MOT, also the car's still under warranty, albeit 3 weeks left.

My argument was that if they don't check it out I can sue them for selling me a car with faulty brakes and in the event of an accident or fatality I can get my solicitor involved. The car is in the dealers now. So I hope they get it sorted...

ABS seems particularly sensitive on Fabias perhaps - mine kicks in, albeit very slightly at just reasonably hard, everyday braking. My front tyres are getting low, which may be some of the reason but unless it's very very early I don't think there's much cause for concern?

ABS seems particularly sensitive on Fabias perhaps - mine kicks in, albeit very slightly at just reasonably hard, everyday braking. My front tyres are getting low, which may be some of the reason but unless it's very very early I don't think there's much cause for concern?

When I braked, as I said, it feels like its on snow/gravel with little vibrations/ kick backs on the brake pedal. In both times experiencing this (potentially fatal accident causing) problem I was not braking very hard - just fairly gently doing no more than 30mph.

Just rang the garage and they said they are waiting for a master cylinder to be delivered. This means they'll have to change the brake fluid as well but it's under warranty anyway do i dont have to worry about the cost.

I thought the ABS was wrong...i hope it's all sorted when i get the car back otherwise if it is the abs that's faulty then my warranty will run out! wish me luck