Very Disapointing Customer Service from Hortons Skoda

No issues from Hortons for me, with excellent customer service and very helpful and friendly people, all I can say when I visit some peoples behaviour and attitude leaves a lot to be desired - demanding warranty, without reading up or knowing your rights and terms, defects are covered, stone damage causing gas leaks are not, thats when the charge kicks in to cover the time spent looking, mine was found to be leaking in 30 mins and I paid half of the £69.95 for establishing that fact.

If you don't like what you hear, does it mean its bad service? 

• 1 year later...

Its a shame the internet allows some of these people to be considered as a review of customer service, plugging in a laptop takes about 15 minutes of the diagnostic - laptops do not tell you what the fault is, they tell you where the fault is stored only, from this you have to establish why the code is stored there and which other factors influence that part, ie. pressures, voltage or is the nearest able to influence to the fault? If you  know what your talking about, fix it yourself................... if not shut up!

My car was out of warranty by a year, skoda uk would not assist a goodwill request, Hortons applied their goodwill and reduced the bill by £450, is that bad service??

Hey, a newbie signs up and comes along defending Hortons and for some reason over 18 months later comes back randomly on this dormant thread and throws personal insults at our members for voicing their opinions. And then goes on to claim Hortons paid a large sum for unspecified out of warranty repairs out of their own pockets?

Edited by xman

Its a shame the internet allows some of these people to be considered as a review of customer service, plugging in a laptop takes about 15 minutes of the diagnostic - laptops do not tell you what the fault is, they tell you where the fault is stored only, from this you have to establish why the code is stored there and which other factors influence that part, ie. pressures, voltage or is the nearest able to influence to the fault? If you know what your talking about, fix it yourself................... if not shut up!

My car was out of warranty by a year, skoda uk would not assist a goodwill request, Hortons applied their goodwill and reduced the bill by £450, is that bad service??

Your first paragraph does have an element of truth about it but maybe could have been put over in a less 'confrontational' way?

As to your second paragraph, that's very good of them to do that but was it in any way because you work there or is that totally unrelated?

Your first paragraph does have an element of truth about it but maybe could have been put over in a less 'confrontational' way?

As to your second paragraph, that's very good of them to do that but was it in any way because you work there or is that totally unrelated?

I think reviving this thread is doing nothing but further harm to Horton's reputation.

If somebody at Hortons thought they could fix an old customer's complaint by bigging them up by reviving this thread, then they have made the situation even worse.

If its nothing to do with a Hortons employee, then same applies.

All they have done is focus current attention on an old complaint.... Fail

Edited by promethian