Tyre makes and prices

Yohan

They are indeed a good price, and lower your car ;)

I have run 215/40 on 16's for the past 3 years, including several european trips, race tracks, pod visits and going to the shops :rolleyes:

i know which size im going for next:) look better, more tyre on the road and 100 quid cheaper than 205/40 for a full set

i know which size im going for next:) look better, more tyre on the road and 100 quid cheaper than 205/40 for a full set

Well, im not sure if the lower part is actually true as the height of the tyre sidewall at standard is 45, as a percentage of the width of 205. Now the new one will be 40, as a percentage of the width of 215. However, IMHO they do 'look' better, and there is indeed more tyre on the road, just keep the tyre pressure up to scratch :)

It gives my Ibiza abetter stance on the rear, making it look 'fatter' which is hard to do with the pre-facelift rear bumper on the Ibiza, however its alot easier on a Fabia rear bumper matey, so should look very good indeed!

Ive had to lower it on the rear, add 20mm spacers and 215 profile tyres to make it look like :

DSC00031-1.jpg

The only difference now, is I took the rear adjuster cups off, as it was still sitting too high on the rear, so is 10-15mm maybe lower again now.

Does anyone have any experience with Falken tyres? Just ive heard that these are the best value for money tyres going round at the moment from a few sources...looking for some new tyres for me Furb :)

I'm looking for a pair of tyres for the front of my Fab vRS atm .... tyretraders.co.uk seem to be the cheapest I've found (for tyres delivered)...

Not far behind are mytyres.co.uk - who I've dealt with before and are very good. Had to return a set of tyres and they were very good about it..

HTH :)

Cheaper than online places like blackcircles or cheaper than other drive up and ask places?

Yup. Prices are basically the same as the online suppliers, but there is no extra charge for fitting and balancing.

Just to say I managed to get a good deal on my tyres. Went to my local National Tyres and got a good deal on a set of Barum Bravuris, £36 a corner 195/50/15. Mid range, recommended by Auto Express and decent reviews from Which? online. Was gonna get a set of Uniroyal Rainsport 2s but the guy did me a deal that ment I got the tyres, fitting and alignment/tracking for the same price I wouldve paid for the Uniroyals without alignment/tracking :D

Car already feels much better drivewise (although saying that my profile was 65 before, waaaay too big:eek:)

• 4 weeks later...
Just ordered 2 x Kumho KU31s for the fabia at £55 each fitted.

Great price, online or local? Will need a pair on the Fabia in about a month or so, so reading this thread closely.

Loved the GSD3 tyres I had on my Ibiza so tempted by them but then the Fabia is such a different car, power, torque, engine weight etc they might not feel the same.