Celox Performance inline chip.

sassyskoda

Hi, i have recently purchased a Skoda VRS and have been looking into making a few little improvements. My Car is a 55 plate but has been purchased with a Full additional Years Warranty. I wondered if anyone had used or heard anything about these in line chips which claim to inc bhp from 130 to 159 and increase the torque to 370nm. it all seems to be too good to be true but their ebay site has over 5000 feedbacks all really rating it and saying that they are well worth the £25 you pay. My only real question is will it be picked up by VAG - COM cos i dont want to effect my warranty in any way.

Any ideas of advice would be much appreciated.

To sum up, the cheap inline 'chip' devices are usually nothing more than a resistor, this tricks the engine management into its cold weather cycle where it injects more fuel per stroke than normal. This does equate to more power/torque but will also lead to large amounts of black smoke under accleration. This 'chip' doesnt alter any other aspects of fuelling or turbo boost and is very crude.

Serious overfuelling can have an adverse effect on the turbocharger as the exhaust gas temperatures are raised as are soot levels. Excess soot is bad for the turbo and the EGR system for that matter.

The digital tuning boxes are more refined as they intercept signals from the ECU to the injectors raising fuel levels proportionally. They are also more expensive but safer than the cheapo 'chips'. The tuning boxes are also undetectable by dealer software as they connect downstream of the engine management unit.

Be aware of the usual spiel about increased power and insurance policies :o

Definte avoid. £25 for 20+ horsepower, way too good too be true. Better spending the money on an air filter.

But £25 will buy you an extra 20+ hp, an air filter on the other hand will not.

At the end of the day, pay your money take your choice. Some member have run resistors mods for thousands of trouble free miles. Equally 5000 positive feedback is very high for something that 'doesn't work' as advertised.

Do your research, has been covered on here before, and then get it remapped at a reputable tuner... :D