Suggestions to electrical problems with 2001 Fabia

Hi Folks,

Been reading around this forum for a few weeks now thanks to google pointing me in this direction.

Basically, 2001 Fabia Elegance TDI with some unsurprisingly odd electrical issues. From reading post after post on here it seems my faults have all been listed before but want to know if anyone can say if they are all related to the same 'problem area'

Its the passanger door side which doesn't do the following:

-When opening doesn't turn on interior light (passanger side works fine)

-When opening doesn't turn on the red door light (again passanger side works fine)

-Heated mirror doesn't work but passanger side works fine.

Assuming the light issue is to do with the catch on the door? But the heated mirror issue, related or not? I'd have thought maybe the glass in the mirror would need replacing but after finding a post on here, i recall someone saying it could be related to the door if interior lights weren't being operated either.

On another odd note, i was having a browse round and found a black electrical cable under the drivers seat which had electrical tape stuck to the end of it. The thing is, I can't work out why it would be there since the heated seats work and thats the obvious electrical 'thing' to where the cable is located. Any clues?

Thanks for any advice anyone can give me!

Regards

David