TRACKDAY! 6 mile circuit on M.O.D base - 7th June!

devonutopia

The All-Weather diving circuit at Bovington is awesome - I used to live there, and often was involved in the Rally they held there annually

Its not an RAF Base - It's the UK Armour Centre - the Majority of Armoured Vehicle Training is carried out here, as well as vehicle trials etc

If i saw this sooner, I would have signed up, may be a little late notice for me, and i'm only half hour away! Bugger!

Aiming to do both trackdays, including this MOD one, on the same set of tyres, including travel to & from. :) It's a nice smooth surface apparently so not expexting to lose much tread. Will do a front to back swap if I find I am wearing the fronts a little hard.

ben was reading on the MOT(?) forum yesterday and people were saying that if it's dry it'll kill your tyres and if it's wet it'll kill you :D the Focus got new fronts yesterday and a fresh MOT this afternoon (there's nothing like planning ahead :eek:) people seem to be offering passenger rides in some serious cars too :D

Well, my fronts now are "fairly" new, so hoping they do Llandow & this event. I have nearly new rears so will front to back them as a last resort.

I offered PAX laps via the Northloop forum, so am I the "serious machinery" :rofl:

Mine's about ready too - washed BMC air filter sat in the sun drying then a quick oiling, and back in the engine bay. Everything else is tip-top pretty much.

Well I just washed mine, however I supsect after a 300 mile trek it may not be that clean. Still looking forward to it, forecast is heavy rain so the tyres should be lasting fine, just a bit I havent even driven in rain with the new tyres yet, let alone on a track.