Stone in Wheel - Again !!!!

Ever since I had my tyres changed I've been getting stones trapped in my driver's side front wheel. Apart from the embarassment of the car sounding like the exhaust is falling off because the stone makes such a noise, it's a real pain having to keep taking the wheel off. It's always the driver's side front wheel. Anyone else experiencing this ? We have got stones on our drive but I'v never had trouble with other cars.

Octavai 1.9 4x4 on Vredestein Quatracs

Yes, what a noise and according to my loca garage/tyre fitters the trapped stone will rapidly cut a grove in the brake pad. It needs to be removed ASAP when this happens.

I've only ever had one, it was a piece of gravel as big as my little fingernail trapped between the disc and the backing plate on the driver's side rear wheel. It intermittently kicked up quite a racket (at first I thought something had come adrift underneath and was dragging on the road).

I had the same problem with my 2005 1.9 estate, always a problem, cleaned them out but by the next week they reappeared, however, strangely with my 2007 2.0 140 4X4 estate I have not had a single stone trapped Living and driving in the same area, maybe the brakes are different on this model, I just thought that Skoda had cured this problem.

I have it quite often on the track to our farm - just stop, bang it in reverse, give it some beans and shome heavy braking then carry on - always worked for me in releasing the stones from the Caliper or Disc ****e Shield.

I have it quite often on the track to our farm - just stop, bang it in reverse, give it some beans and shome heavy braking then carry on - always worked for me in releasing the stones from the Caliper or Disc ****e Shield.
what he said :) had it happen once on my Fab Vrs and now on my Octavia Vrs

when it happened on the Fab, i didn't even notice till i got home and the brakes were steaming hot

anyways, both times, found somewhere with good visibility, whacked it in reverse and just gone back with a bit of pace 10 to 15 metres or so :) stone has dropped out both times