Can a 105bhp 1.9TD be chipped ?

paul2129

I have the common 1.9TD 105BHP in my 2008 Roomster, I wondered if there was a tried and tested way to increase power/torque in these engines. I'm think I'm aware that there are more powerful versions of the same engines but wondered what is was that actual makes the difference, is it electronic or actual mechanics of the motor ?

Paul

Hi Paul.

These respond very nicely to a remap...

Please see this image for a before and after power plot. I believe the final power output was just shy of 150bhp.

rOOMSTER.jpg

Edited by Jabbasport

Ok, I can see that with a bit more research that this is a great idea.Is a 'stage 2' a particular type of re-map which each company may provide for youAre re-maps all slightly different ?Should the fuel economy be the same during normal driving then obviously worse when you're taking advantage of the extra power ?What's a typical cost of the re-map, and will I find places in Lancashire where I can get this done ?Paul

Hi,

I have the 1.9Tdi fabia elegance estate and went to paramount performance as their remaps had been on 'top gear'. My engine went from 110.9 to 131bhp and that was for the 'more fuel efficiency' running. Although I get more miles to the gallon (Diesel) now, I have noted a massive increase in perfomance too, especially in the mid to top of the rev range. Motorway running is smashing. I am in the process of having either a green cotton air filter or a full K&N induction kit fitted for an extra 10bhp (About 10) and based on everything I have read over the last couple of weeks think I will settle for the replacement green cotton filter. All in all, the remap is well worth the money for the gains you will benefit from.

I hope this helps and good luck with whichever path you go down.

All the best

Graham (West Yorkshire)

I can see that there's some research to do here, I read here that the remapping is a bit more refined and produces a bit more in terms of results......... but the tuning box is less of a warranty issue and can be removed, moved from car to car or sold on etc

how much are the tuning boxes ?

are they more popular than re-mapping ?

Performance Torque are based near Wolverhampton and have had excellent results with PD105's and the maps are very competitively priced.

More info in their section with graphs, and check out the Awesome RR day in their section for graphs.

As a repeat customer I paid £260 at performance torque and have had 2 cars tweaked ......... Full diagnostics check, Before and after runs on the RR for a modest cost and you don't hand over a penny until you have road tested the car with Will.

Thanks to everyone for the great response, I've read everything carefully, will continue to read about this more to make sure I make the right decision, I think the remapping is probably for me, and the place in Wolverhampton is sounding good.

Is PD105 just the code for this engine, or does 'PD' stand for something ??

Thanks

Paul.

hello i am taxi driver i got a 1.9 PD 105 DSG octavia i offen wondered about this tunning and re-mapping would help my MPG.

any one got any feed back on this ?

Wow , but is the profile of my best side? ;)

I have a 100PD Fabia

I had it mapped at 99k miles ish

I am now on 156k miles now too

I am on the same clutch too (sorry guys)

The car is now 141bhp and has the PD160 intake with a Pipercross air filter

I regullaly get over 65MPG on my long run in to work as I do 148 miles per day to get to work and back :( and with this , I need very good fuel economy

We have done the PD105`s before and have seen approx 150BHP on these engines

But as I wanted more power , but definately more MPG , I had it detuned slightly

At the moment too we have these on special offer at £299 all in and that is done to suit you and your car and will come with a before and after too

Hope that helps?

Sarah

At the moment too we have these on special offer at £299 all in and that is done to suit you and your car and will come with a before and after too

Hope that helps?

Sarah

£299 :eek: - at that price I'm assuming it is generic not custom? Either way - bargain. Does that go for the vRS too?

£299 :eek: - at that price I'm assuming it is generic not custom? Either way - bargain. Does that go for the vRS too?

Oooh , thought that would wake you up ;)

Yes full custom , on standard turbo`s etc

Yes the vRS too

So if you want an economy tune , like mine.....not an issue

Oooh and before and after rolling road too

What else would you like?

An Awesome brew too.....not a problem ;)

Sarah