New dashboard with MAXI DOT display from FL O2 in the old 02, so-called FAZIT

Hi all,

Is it possible a new dashboard with MAXI DOT from Octavia FL installed in the old octavia? My car was manufactured in the nine months of 2008. and that's probably some of the series between PRE FL and FL, and apparently, so I got the information, a so-called five Immo PIN, so I have a problem with the installation MAXI DOT dashboard from the old O2 .. means I currently do not have a general MAXI DOT dashboard

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just a quick question that i hope someone could answer..

How about putting in a dashboard with a maxidot display, in to a 2005 octavia II Ambiente with with only the small driving computer (milage per liter and so on) will i have to change other things, or is just nessesary to have a skoda dealer program it with a computer, and how will it work with my Skoda Stream radio...

Best regards from denmark..

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there, i am a new member and i want your help to adapt in my vrs2 2007 model

the new dash board of 2009 vrs2 model. I know that is difficult and expensive to do this but this is no problem for me. I want to adapt it very much. Forgive me for my bad English.

Somebody has to back me up here, but at the top of my head, i would say that you cant, install an instrument cluster from the facelift 2009 model, in to the older models.... ??

Anyone care to comment..!

Somebody has to back me up here, but at the top of my head, i would say that you cant, install an instrument cluster from the facelift 2009 model, in to the older models.... ??

Anyone care to comment..!

You can swap the AC unit for the newer one, maybe it's possible for the cluster?

Anything is possible with the right wiring, parts and tools. it was said that a maxidot cluster could not be fitted to a car that did not have it from the outset and as I and many others have done it, we have shown it can be done. The basic wiring in both pre and post facelift cars is the same, and as mentioned someone has already changed their AC controls to the new facelifted one. Come to think of it the VRS LE in the UK is fitted with facelifted instruments and climate controls but the rest of the car is pre facelift.

The biggest issue maybe getting the replacement cluster and coding it correctly, and from a dealer it will be very expensive.

Hello again, can we find someone who did this adaptation in his car? I am very interesting for this modification, because i have made many changes in the interrior as new climatronic unit , 2009 vrs airbag and steering wheel etc.etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there , is there any news about 2009 vrs dash board adaptation in 2007 O2?

I here that some people make the adaptation in spain and cz, do you know something about this modification?

I have some pictures that have been emailed to me of both types of dashpod, from what I can see the connections are different. I'll try and save them, then attach here.

The first three show the new dashpod, the one at the end shows the connection to a current pod.

I guess all you would need is a new connector and the appropriate pinouts for each to remap the connections.

29587.attach

29588.attach

29589.attach

29590.attach

Edited by mannyo

I have some pictures that have been emailed to me of both types of dashpod, from what I can see the connections are different. I'll try and save them, then attach here.

The first three show the new dashpod, the one at the end shows the connection to a current pod.

I guess all you would need is a new connector and the appropriate pinouts for each to remap the connections.

These are the pictures from my mr2009 vrs dash that send Ales to me before i buy it.

The picture of the old maxi-dot is from my car!! It is very interesting how you find them.

I know that some body has adapted this dash in his O2 with no problem. It is better to share this modification with us.