Yay - my black estate is now tinted - with pics of course

^^ I agree ^^ I would have gone for a "light smoke" on the fronts too.

Very sexy looking car though.

From what I've read on here it's unlikely that there is a tint you could put on the front which would still be legal, and if there was, it would probably be so similar to the original that it wouldn't be worth the hassle and extra cost.

Glad the majority of comments seem to be favourable though :thumbup:

You can do what you like with all the windows back from the B pillars. :)

Just thought I would add that it is worth checking with your insurance company to see if it would make any difference to your policy.

It seems that Direct Line don't insure drivers under 25 on cars with tinted glass.

Amazing value! £140 for tinted windows and wall demolition/replacement with mature hawthorn hedge - your pad looks much less estatey now! Very nice.

On a slightly different tack ... only just noticed your detailed spec. How come you have the CR engine on the VRS, but no electric rears and 'only' 17'' wheels. I thought the 'free upgrade' on the VRS preceded the arrival of the CR - or is yours one of those semi-upgrades that resulted from an idle dealer not completing his vehicle order form correctly and hence failing to get the freebies?

Amazing value! £140 for tinted windows and wall demolition/replacement with mature hawthorn hedge - your pad looks much less estatey now! Very nice.

On a slightly different tack ... only just noticed your detailed spec. How come you have the CR engine on the VRS, but no electric rears and 'only' 17'' wheels. I thought the 'free upgrade' on the VRS preceded the arrival of the CR - or is yours one of those semi-upgrades that resulted from an idle dealer not completing his vehicle order form correctly and hence failing to get the freebies?

I'm afraid it must have been the latter. I went on Horton's website, saw it advertised, rang them and the salesman (John Day) said it was sat in front of him in the showroom.

It had most of the toys missing, but it did have the DSG box, which is normally at least £1000 extra. For the price I was offered I couldn't turn it down, and I'm gradually building the spec up with the bits I want. :)

Sorry Bry, but your whole funereal colour-coded impact is now totally let down by the dazzlingly bright silver locks on the driver's door handle. Surprised you missed that!

Materials needed:

• One pair of scissors
  • One black bin bag
  • One tube of Super Glue

Job done! Look forward to seeing the revised pix.

BTW: Has the Parish Church you're parked in front of closed down already, or have you painted out the notice-board details on your PC to protect the reputation of the architects?

I noticed the wall demolition/hedge too

What ? We live in a caravan normally - I drove round and saw a nice house and pulled up on their drive to take the photo, then drove off

along with the drain pipes not colour coded

I'll let them know if I can remember which house it was

He ain't biting though, is he? ;)

You'll have to try harder than that mate

Bryan - latest piccies :thumbup:

Thanks

cars a bit mucky though

I know, but I daren't put it through a car wash - it'll probably rip the paint of my grille

Here's what the Pros use:

black-marker.jpg

:thumbup:

Thanks for the advice, but I'm going to leave the locks silver - don't want it looking too black :rolleyes:

I go to a 'Best Hand Job in Town' type place near me - top job for a fiver & a free smelly:thumbup:

I suppose if you want to pay a fiver for a hand job that's your shout ;) - I'd sooner keep my hands on my Lady Godiva :thumbup:

Round our way, you can get it done free - hand car wash that is! Just yell 'IMMIGRATION' as they're about to finish - all the staff scarper up trees, round the back, over walls etc, you drive away with a clean car & your fiver! :eek: ;)

Simples! :thumbup:

Starting to completely OT now, but I must get myself booked on that diversity course :rolleyes: