Yay - my black estate is now tinted - with pics of course

After finishing my colour-coded grille http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/another-colour-coded-grille-diy-pics/146156/, I had the opportunity to take the Octy in today to get tints fitted. Can't believe how dull the car looked beforehand now I've had them done.

Many thanks to Adie at Tintz UK in Lincoln. Only rang to book it in yesterday. Got there just after 9, phone call before 1.30 to say job done.

And the price ? - not £200, not £180, not £160, but.....

...........................£140 - and there is a 10-year warranty on the film

So glad I went for the tints and not the clip-on shades, although I know there are many out there who don't agree

Before

P1000142rotate.jpg

After

DSC04188.jpg

DSC04186.jpg

DSC04187.jpg

DSC04190plate.jpg

Edited by thebrymar

Excellent - I've been looking for somewhere to get my hatch done and I think I'll give him a call!

Cheers

He's on the Allenby Trading Estate, postcode LN3 4PH, tel no (01522) 543230

I personally think they are too dark.

Makes it look like more of a van.

Is that the look you were going for or is it a practiality use?

Light tint on front and a bit darker on the back for me.

I personally think they are too dark.

Makes it look like more of a van.

Is that the look you were going for or is it a practiality use?

Light tint on front and a bit darker on the back for me.

I was waiting to see how long it would be before someone mentioned the word 'van'.

They always look darker from side on because you are actually looking through the tint effect doubled.

As far as I am aware they are about the same shade as standard fit tinted windows, especiallt those in SWMBO's Meriva, and are nowhere near as dark as the 'limo tint' that comes next. Could always go into the funeral business if all else fails.

It's all down to personal taste, I suppose - and I love 'em :)

I like them too, in fact it's as you've already mentioned "all down to personal taste", and i've even gone darker with limo's on mine and i love em on my blue estate:thumbup:

Have the fronts been touched? They seem a lot darker

No - I can only assume it's due to the reduced light coming through the rest of the car. Fronts are completely untouched.

Wouldn't pay to break the law in my line of work :rotz:

Very tempted to get mine done now.

Looks very nice :thumbup:

Ive not seen tints done, do they do the whole glass (take it out, etc) or just the visible part, was just wondering how easy is it to catch an edge and it peel?