Upgrading my Stream HU?

My 55 plate Octy has the Stream option HU.

Is it 'plug and play' to fit a Stream MP3 unit from a 2007 car? Or are any adapters required for the wiring/antenna?

I was also thinking of fitting an Audience HU, These have 6 CD changer built in? Was this unit ever available with MP3 functionality?

Keith, its almost a straight swap. One issue will need to be resolved during the swap, that is that you would need to move the cd changer grounding pin on the quadlock to a different position.

The Audience has always been able to MP3 disks, and unlike the stream mp3 which can only play mp3s from a single disk in the headunit, the audience can play mp3s from all 6 disks.

Bear in mind the Audience HU has the dual diversity antenna input, there is a second antenna printed on the rear offside window when fitted from the factory.

As you will only have one antenna input you may need a 2 in 1 adaptor of you'll get dodgy radio reception.

Early Audience units still had the standard single antenna connection. My Audience which is from a 2006MY car has only a single antenna connection.

"I stand corrected" said the man in the orthopaedic shoes :D

My L&K is an '07 MY08 and it has two fakra connectors for the radio antennas.

Thanks for the advice guys, I have seen planty of Stream MP3 units for sale but not many of the Audience variety sadly!

Just to confirm.... All model year Audience 6CD radios will play MP3 tracks??

Does anyone know what year the Audience was introduced in the Octavia?