New air filter

Was having a browse on the net today and I came across this.

Waxacar Green Performance Air Filters

Seems to be a mixture of the BMC CDA filter and the green panel filter. Looks totally customisable depending on size required etc. The only thing that would need thought is attaching the MAF on to it, although I suspect this could be done using the correct size of silicon hosing.

Anybody else heard of these?

You would have to get the biggest one possably, which isnt a problem, as they also do "Rubber Anti-vibration reducers",.

So you could have a really big filter and reduce it down to the MAF size.

Job done.

Dave

Just make sure you dont fit the maf round the wrong way like i did.... :(

Get you home mode and a fault registered. Swapped it back and it all cleared, phew:P

Ooo forgot to say induction kit was soooo monumentally noisey i went back to original box and pipercross panel filter.

I am ashamed to say i made an impulse buy and bought a stainless steel jobby from halfrauds.

As for the sound it was a surpisingly low bassy note as if my exhaust had fallen off, combined with a few wheezes and splutters when lfiting off. It wasn't a particularly bad tone just a bit much when you are doing 600 miles a week on average.

Pick up was a bit slower than my pipercross panel job and top end was a bit restricted. I guess it's a trade off nicer sound or more power/driveability.

Edited by Moffball
I'm a numpty who can't spell