Upgrading to the MFD3 bluetooth

I have the ordinary OEM bluetooth for the stream radio. I just bought a MFD3 and want to upgrade it to the newer bluetooth. Do i have to change the wiring loom or does the newer module plug in place of the older one? Also, anyone know the cheapest place to buy the newer OEM bluetooth kit?

Stu's page lists that exact part as being compatible:

1Z0 035 729 - Interface Unit (Now supports touch screen dialing on the RNS510 Navigation Unit.)

Octavia-vRS.com - OEM Integrated Bluetooth Telephone Install

Steve

However the unit i'm looking at has an "A" at the end and on Stu's there is no letter :confused:

have you got the headunit installed yet. try it with your current BT kit first before spending money as it may already be compatible. when swapping the headunit, check that all the connections on the headunit are in the same location, when I fitted my mfd3 I had to move the phone mute pin to another location.

have you got the headunit installed yet. try it with your current BT kit first before spending money as it may already be compatible. when swapping the headunit, check that all the connections on the headunit are in the same location, when I fitted my mfd3 I had to move the phone mute pin to another location.

No not yet but my bluetooth isn't the 1z0 type,

The MFD3 I'm hopefully getting on Mon/Tues (still haven't told SWMBO :eek:) is an original Skoda HU... this will be a version A?! I haven't seen anyone say they have a Skoda ver B anywhere.... so that means the best OEM BT kit I need to get would be a ver. A? I do have factory fit MFSW & maxidot.

I'm collecting mine today:D version A MFD. Contact who you are buying it off and see if they can tell you the version? If you have B you might have problems with the steering wheel functions, if you don't have steering functions i don't think it matters if it's A or B MFD. Could be wrong though:confused:

I had been reading up on upgrading from the old to new bluetooth as I may do the same with mine. I've been browsing eBay and similar before going back to Stu. As I understand it, the A and B on the head unit have nothing to do with the bluetooth kit. What has been posted about the A and B head units appears to be correct.

The B bluetooth kit is needed for the pre-facelift Octavia or MkV Golf. The A bluetooth is for the facelifted Octavia or MkVI Golf. I've no idea about the D (but have seen a reference to it).

Descriptions for the A say it is for the white dash display only and it is not suitable for red. That relates to the Golf, where the MkV had a red 'Highline' identical to the white Maxidot except for colour, but the MkVI has white. The A kit seems to be the one much more commonly available.

You're a good man Micky going test pilot on this before I take the plunge :)

Really hope it works ok for you. At least we'll have a concrete answer on whether the A version works ok with pre-facelift Octavia maxidots. If not, you shouldn't suffer much of a hit selling it on.

Where did you order it from in the end?

You're a good man Micky going test pilot on this before I take the plunge :)

Really hope it works ok for you. At least we'll have a concrete answer on whether the A version works ok with pre-facelift Octavia maxidots. If not, you shouldn't suffer much of a hit selling it on.

Where did you order it from in the end?

At this stage i'm quite sure it's not going to work on my maxidot. I think it's for the mk6 golf and newer type maxidot on the facelift Octy However i might not be that worried because it will show everything up on the MFD3 in more detail etc and i probably won't even miss it on the maxidot.