help with mods please!!!!!

hi there.

right then so far every one on here has been a big help to me and my car so i would like some more help if thats ok :)

ok so far i have moded, dvd player with all the help from u :)

i have now done what me and my mates call a muffle-rectomy on my car (taking the back box off and putting a bit of pipe there insted )

my question today is my mate has done the same on his car and he gets a really nice wastegate noise after we done it ,but he has drilled his air box , i havent , and i havent got the same kinda noise ,

is this where he is getting the extra noise from ???

i dont really want to drill mine but i dont really want a induction kit eathe as i have a pipercross in there at the moment ,but if i want that noise are they my only 2 options ???

thanks fadom :):)

BUMP

getting a pipercross open induction kit today !!!!!!

will this limit my power , i have heared lots on the forum that it will/could lose power down at low reves??

if i want to keep the sound but not lose the power if i try to make/bodge a heat sheld will this help??

if so where and how should i make/put the sheld???

thanks/guys lol

fadom

• 1 month later...

hi,what i have found from other vrs owners is that because the airbox is at the back of bay,you are best to just get a pipercross panel filter in old box. induction kit looses power due to heat soak from the engine and radiator.

i also think your noise comparison is because the 90-110 tdi engine is difrent from the vrs pd engine.

not 100% but you cant remap the tdi but you can a pd engine??

thay say a seat cupra 160 intake pipe is the answer for best air flow.

any help?

If you heat shield the new filter. it will help, but if your going that route, bust to get some cold air feeds.

Look at the MerlinMotorsports website, they sell some great stuff.

Dave