AP Racing brakes

Quite a few people have used the brembo kit as found on the Leon Cupra R, so I imagine as long as you have the complete kit from the AP 4 pot kit (thinking mainly the brake hangers) it should be doable. Might also get the usual caliper clearance issues with the brembos so spacers / specific wheels might be needed. :)

they use (the usual?) 312mm disks but will not fit under your standard 16 inch wheels - the calipers are pretty close to the standard Cupra 17's. there was a thread in the ask a tech sub-forum where bengie posted some pics of mine showing the clearance around the calipers

I have tried both the brembo (from a leon cupra) and the audi TT 312mm brakes, everyday driving theres nothing in them, Fabia master cylinder is plenty big enough to cope with either setup and the clamping force with the TT callipers isnt far off that of a 4 pot calliper.

I use AP callipers on my track car and they are fantastic but for road use a 'normal' single pot calliper with good pads (I prefer EBC reds, Mintex1144 or Pagid blues) is more than enough for a mildly tuned FWD hatch.

I have tried both the brembo (from a leon cupra) and the audi TT 312mm brakes, everyday driving theres nothing in them, Fabia master cylinder is plenty big enough to cope with either setup and the clamping force with the TT callipers isnt far off that of a 4 pot calliper.

I use AP callipers on my track car and they are fantastic but for road use a 'normal' single pot calliper with good pads (I prefer EBC reds, Mintex1144 or Pagid blues) is more than enough for a mildly tuned FWD hatch.

from memory my brembo's pull my octavia up better than the AP's on andrew's ibiza and they in turn are better than the 288mm that my car had as standard.

they use (the usual?) 312mm disks but will not fit under your standard 16 inch wheels - the calipers are pretty close to the standard Cupra 17's. there was a thread in the ask a tech sub-forum where bengie posted some pics of mine showing the clearance around the calipers

Hmmm... ok cheers! spacers would do the job? just depending how close they come. And I take it a set of S3 Avus wheels would clear them as they're got a pretty good ET for large brakes?

• 2 years later...

Love the green wheels!! :D

Those AP/Seat Sport brakes look well behind them!

As above really it all depends on how you drive your car and what you need from your car.

In most cases I get people asking for a big brake kit and wanting to spend ££££ but end up with performance discs and pads (DONT FORGET BRAKE FLUID!!) doing more than enough and saving them loads!!

:) If ya fancy a chat about the brakes by all means give us a call :)

Mike

Hi Mike. I am Borek Hudak and this is one of my Shop cars www.hothatchshop.cz ;) I am glad that you like it :)

That Brakes works well, especialy with Zimmermann Formula Z discs (aluminium center section) and Ferrodo DS2500 pads :)

There is one bad quality video :)