New car - 4k Budget...ideas ?

Right, looking for a new car.

Been offered 4k for my current car, which i'm sick of (Furby rs). And i dont have/dont want to spend anymore than that amount on a replacement.

Been considering an older Impreza, or an Integra Type R, or even an early EP3 Civic Type R.

Any other suggestions ?

Nothing too old though..1997 would be oldest i would go.

Thanks a lot.

T

Older Audi Coupe, A8

Mk1 VRS

Older BMW 330 (CI)

XJ8 Jag

Mitsubishi Galant VR4

Volvo 850 T5

Fabia, been there and done it, and just find it a bit dull.

Criteria, something no smaller than the Fabia, and no bigger than an Octavia, although i dont fancy an Octavia.

Economy has to be ok (ish) something low-mid 30mpg would be nice. (appreciate i'm not going to get that with the Impreza)

Doesn't need to be too practical, but 4 seats a must, no MR2's etc..

I dont want much do i ?

:D

Have you considered the Accord Type R. Could get a decent one for that money. Very similar in pace and handling to the Teg but has four doors and five seats. Deceptively agile for it's size. Plus not as common as the Civic. :thumbup:

Have you considered the Accord Type R. Could get a decent one for that money. Very similar in pace and handling to the Teg but has four doors and five seats. Deceptively agile for it's size. Plus not as common as the Civic. :thumbup:

Probably a hell of a lot more refined aswell....

I'll take a look. :)

It may seem obvious but I'd advise to get an insurance quote before. Was very scared when considering a change from octy to subaru impreza. About 3 times as expensive for an £8000 wrx !!!!

You could always just blow the budget on a ferrari for a month!!!!

Auto Trader UK - FERRARI 360 Modena F1

But seriously, for that budget I'd be going for a civic, maybe a type S rather than R

Right, looking for a new car.

Civic Type R.

T

A lad a work has just bought a red 04 ctr for 4.5k

He loves it

but

To the non owner it looks more pink than red,has loads of dints in it and makes a funny noise when he starts it up

4k doesnt go far when you want a decent car with a bit of poke

It may seem obvious but I'd advise to get an insurance quote before. Was very scared when considering a change from octy to subaru impreza. About 3 times as expensive for an £8000 wrx !!!!

You could always just blow the budget on a ferrari for a month!!!!

Auto Trader UK - FERRARI 360 Modena F1

But seriously, for that budget I'd be going for a civic, maybe a type S rather than R

Insurance isn't an issue. ;)

As an ex Skyline owner...anything is cheap ! :D