CCFL Angel eyes + led strip on superb ?

hi awesome forum,

thats my first post inspite of my 7 month old account here :) unitl now ive been absorbing very useful info about skoda superb. my question is: anyone in this forum have ccfl angel eyes on his superb (if yes, provide photos if possbile pls :) ) ? and if not what do you think about that and wich color will u use? i think the rings can be applied only to low bean lights. other thing on my mind is how will look led stripe installed on front low small grille (under headlights inside horizontal "lip" ) ??

please share your opionions and experience :))) thanks! :thumbup:

should look something like that :P

skodasuperb200312.jpg

Used cold cathodes in my boot here.

This post maybe of special interest in fact. :thumbup:

As for exterior of the car I dislike them personally ... but I'd follow that up with that's only my own personal taste. For me if I had an Audi R8 they'd be the first thing to go, they make the car look like it's a drag act wearing eye-liner.

Although I'm reliably informed I have no sense of style or taste. ;)

They generally run off anything over 5v and rated up to 12v, I can't see a huge problem wiring them in.

i have ledstrip lights where youre looking at and had nothhing but compliments i tried to put a pic up but it wont work

can u upload them, then send me a pm with the link pls ? im waiting for my led strips, but i think best result will be with S6 daylight's :P

opinions please... do i spray the led strip black, leaving only smd's not painted or should i leave it like that ?abcd0003c.jpg :P my superb is sahara beige...

opinions please... do i spray the led strip black, leaving only smd's not painted or should i leave it like that ?

abcd0003c.jpg

:P my superb is sahara beige...

How do you intend to protect this LED Board from the elements?

the board came weterproof protected, where i cut it i will seal with silicone

Fair enough mate, I would leave the board the colour it is as it more than likely matches the paintwork, have you wired these boards up and illuminated them? Any pics?

Also where did you source them from?

i purchased those before i see the S6 daylights project :S ... those are 50$ the pai, will see how much will last :P im planning to connect them to the position light, this board is 200mA with 30 leds, i cuted 9 so must be less.. im i going into right direction ?

i purchased those before i see the S6 daylights project :S ... those are 50$ the pai, will see how much will last :P im planning to connect them to the position light, this board is 200mA with 30 leds, i cuted 9 so must be less.. im i going into right direction ?

So you now have 21 LED's in the grille and you may struggle with the output as the position light will more than likely not be running at 200mA so the light output will be effected but I would be suprised if the board works if they were wired in series? I mean the end LED must have been connected back to the other end LED or maybe not? Have you illuminated the board?

they work fine, tested after cuting, taking 12v from my pc :P if i connect them to the position light will i have problem with fuse or other electrical issues? i also replaced original position light with leds :) wich aren't very bright :S

they work fine, tested after cuting, taking 12v from my pc :P if i connect them to the position light will i have problem with fuse or other electrical issues? i also replaced original position light with leds :) wich aren't very bright :S

I think you just need to wire them up and see what happens mate..........:thumbup:

• 1 year later...

i've just finished adding angel eyes on mine superb and in must say it took me 14 hours straight,

the hardest part is opening the headlights apart as them idiots use silicone.

apparently i have used 3mm white 10000mcd leds and its not as bright as i thought so i will be ordering 5mm 30000mcd leds and 10mm ropes instead of 6mm.

i will post pictures 2morrow.